Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lowering drivers seat!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lowering drivers seat! Empty Lowering drivers seat! 20th June 2012, 10:24 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Is there any way or trick in the book to lower the drivers seat in a GTiR?

Ive got recaros fitted on standard rails but im sitting to high, Driving position is awfull & need to lower the seat somehow?

Ive read up about different rails etc but i cant see them making a difference because of the way the floor in a GTiR is. As its raised on the left hand side.

But i swear im im sure i read somewhere ages ago on OC there is a mod you can do. Just searched for it but found nothing

Only thing i can think of is taking my seat to an aphoulsteror & getting them to take some oof the foam off, but dont realy want to go down that route with them being recaro's Rolling Eyes

So any1 got any ideas? Smile

2Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 20th June 2012, 10:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How have you mounted the recaro to the original frame gaz any pics? ive done a few aftermarket seats in various cars for people and myself mainly by welding the bucket seat to the orignal subframe as it gives you more options rather than trying to make plates and drilling if that makes sense . i havnt done a pulsar seat so if you could take a snap would be helpful

3Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 20th June 2012, 11:13 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Im not sure? i bought it with the seats already in. Ill get some pics up tomorrow

4Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 20th June 2012, 11:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No worries mate

5Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 21st June 2012, 9:47 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

recaros are a real pain to sit lower in the car
if i were you i would cut and make my own rails up but as said they are a nightmare to get to sit low down in the car

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 21st June 2012, 10:10 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Hmmm ill have to look into it in a few weeks, got other niggles to sort first like gearbox mounts and fit whiteline arb but i need to do something with it as i cant stand driving it after half hour in that position lol

7Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 26th June 2012, 11:40 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Well ive just bought a sparco bucket seat of a freind which obviusly will sit lower!

I took the recaro seat out of the R today & measured the subframes up to the bucket seat to find the track is smaller on the bucket seat from the mounting bolts fixed to the bottom of seat left to right, if that makes sence lol

So think of it as if the subframe was still boltd onto the floor, the mounting bolts on the bottom of the bucket seat would sit between the rails (further inwards on both sides) Rolling Eyes Nothings ever simple.

I spoke to Pulsar Stu yesterday & he told me rallynuts do a subframe, But nothing comes up on the website for the GTiR Evil or Very Mad

So has any1 got a subframe that would fit that i can buy? Or a standard subframe they would like to donate or let me buy cheap so i can make my own Laughing

8Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 27th June 2012, 6:07 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

weld two extra bars to your original sub frame or pay a welder will be far cheaper

9Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 27th June 2012, 6:16 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I want to leve the subframes on the recaro incase i need to put it back in for whatever reason or i f**k the subframe when making it , so could just do with a spare realy

10Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 27th June 2012, 6:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Just make z shaped bracket and drill and bolt that way it can be easlly undone and put back on the other seats plus you can set up the hieght you want

11Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 27th June 2012, 6:41 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

nomad29 wrote:Just make z shaped bracket and drill and bolt that way it can be easlly undone and put back on the other seats plus you can set up the hieght you want

Call me stupid but can you explain abit better? Laughing

12Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 27th June 2012, 7:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well original seat bolts to the top of the subframe and you say the bucket is slimmer than the runner so basicaly the top of the z will sit on top of the subframe then the middle of the z will then drop down the side of the inner part of the subframe then the bottom part of the z will poke to the middle of the chair that means you can bolt your bucket seat straight to that ...... does that make more sense lol

13Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 27th June 2012, 7:37 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ahhh i get you now lol. Just measured it up again & it looks like it will fit in just with some side mounts? so i may try them first

14Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 27th June 2012, 7:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Bonus then .... only said do it the z bracket as u can get the chair lower to the floor yet retain the chain sliding back and forth

15Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 27th June 2012, 8:00 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yeh i understand that mate Smile

Here are my measurements for the bucket seat:
Seat width 16"
Seat mount width whan bolted in the car (measured from seat mounting holes) on the runners 16"
Holes on side of seat to bolt side mounts to, front 4,1/2cm Rear 5cm from bottom of the seat

So if i mount the side mounts to the runners i should still be sat lower down as i wont have all that cousioning ive got on the recaro & i have the 5cm adjustment on the seat!

16Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 27th June 2012, 8:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah i understand ive done quite a few bucket seats in various cars its never that straight forward but if you got a drill and a welder its always possible lol

17Lowering drivers seat! Empty Re: Lowering drivers seat! 28th June 2012, 11:41 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

what I did with my side mounts is cut a piece out near the harness inserts on the sides so the seat sits another inch lower.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum