Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Front mount intercooler

+3
nomad
Stu
Chris shrewsbury
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Front mount intercooler Empty Front mount intercooler 27th July 2015, 12:17 pm

Chris shrewsbury

Hi I am after a front mount intercooler kit must be in good condition and I would like to be able to keep my standerd front bumper

2Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 27th July 2015, 2:00 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

You need a pace or a radtech if you dont want to touch your bumper at all.
Other fmics will need the bumper trimmed at the back of the slats atleast..

3Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 27th July 2015, 5:39 pm

Chris shrewsbury

I don't mind trimming the slats a little I got a pace one but it just looks really small and not very thick obviously so it fits tidy I bought it second hand are they any good stu?

4Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 27th July 2015, 6:24 pm

Pace is better quality than the majority of front mounts

5Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 27th July 2015, 8:21 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

As Rob says.
Pace are a very good fmic.

6Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 27th July 2015, 8:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Your better off sticking with the pace over a ebay jobbie chris

7Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 27th July 2015, 9:46 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

Hi, I got my Hybrid IC from EBay & I know they can handle 500bhp+.but the long run makes pick up a little slower. I've bought a short run Pace kit but my aim is for 380bhp & the volume of the Pace core is Much smaller & has some tight bends so I don't think Pace is up to the job. Reckon I'll stick with the Hybrid & sell the Pace for someone running less than 350bhp.

8Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 6:03 am

It's unlikely your eBay one will handle 500 for long they a are prone to cracking at the welds and something to do with there design they can't get rid of the heat once it starts to build up
The only factor on the pace to limit power is the size turbo you can fit as it sits closer to the turbo

9Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 7:09 am

MartyMG

MartyMG

Anyone running 400 with a Pace set up?

10Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 11:20 am

shroom

shroom

MartyMG wrote:Anyone running 400 with a Pace set up?

I am sure the Pace has really small inlet/outlet and pipe run causing restriction and is quite small I know Bob will be able to explain as I am sure he did on another post.

You would need a radtec or something similar in design to run "big" power like what Stu's brother Sean had on his car (Danny Fennels now) Its not always about how short the run is but how well it flows too you don't want massive kinks or heavy bends or its not going to flow well either (within reason) For most applications the Autobhans and likes are ok I wouldn't say they were gash

11Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 12:03 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Radtec is about best off the shelf front mount available. Bit pricey but it good design unlike forge which pricey for awful design. For 300 to 400hp in uk climate you just as good with arc or recored top mount with rocker heat blanket & water injection over small poor ic core/awful routed front mounts.

12Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 12:54 pm

Chris shrewsbury

That's what I was looking at on this pace one it's very small in and out but I will give it a try

13Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 5:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

To be honest i didnt realise the pace had small inlet/outlets .... if you want a bigger ic then go for it ... its personal choice only thing with the autobahn and such like ic's is the pipe run running through the inner wings not sure if the pace is the same ... but can be modified to be shorter pipe runs...

14Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 5:54 pm

Which pace you got?my inlet and outlet are the same as my forge one and my se Nissan one

15Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 5:58 pm

Chris shrewsbury

The small thin one that requires no bumper cutting robd

16Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 6:01 pm

all the pace fit without bumper needing to be cut
the original phase 1 model is the best they made another similar to phase 1 but with alloy radiator and i think there has been another few versions after that

17Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 6:02 pm

Chris shrewsbury

Ah I will get a photo this week to show it

18Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 8:07 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

The inlet on my Pace is only 51mm. Outlet 61mm.There are 3 different versions, apparently! I've never seen an SE Nissan ic set up Rob?

19Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 8:20 pm

Chris shrewsbury

Does anyone have pictures of there pace coolers fitted

20Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 8:40 pm

this is the pace ive got

Front mount intercooler IMG_1308

Front mount intercooler IMG_1309

and fitted

Front mount intercooler IMG_0712

21Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 8:50 pm

cant find any photos of the se one fitted but this is the intercooler

Front mount intercooler IMG_1505

inlet outlet not much more on this than the pace and i ran 450 plus though this one

22Front mount intercooler Empty Re: Front mount intercooler 28th July 2015, 9:42 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I have the same pace as Chris

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum