Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BC Stage 3 Cams on a GTiR

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BC Stage 3 Cams on a GTiR Empty BC Stage 3 Cams on a GTiR 2nd April 2015, 12:02 pm

ckd281081

Been looking at the BC stage 3 (BC0202) cams and wondering if they will work. I've found a place in America (a few actually) that say these will fit the GTiR if shimmed to 0.006 on the intake and 0.008 on the exhaust (inches obviously). Whats your thoughts on this? The official BC website states these are for hydraulic lifters only, yet i've seen a few posts/threads of people who have used them.

The rest of my head is pretty much all going to be BC, so would love it if they worked

2BC Stage 3 Cams on a GTiR Empty Re: BC Stage 3 Cams on a GTiR 2nd April 2015, 2:09 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I have heard of the BC0202 & BC0201 used on the gtir but had no personal experience of it.
I would contact BC direct to get it confirmed along with fitting tips/clearances

3BC Stage 3 Cams on a GTiR Empty Re: BC Stage 3 Cams on a GTiR 2nd April 2015, 2:16 pm

ckd281081

I emailed them before, not too long ago actually, and they said no they don't have any cams specific to the GTiR. Ive definitely seen builds with these on them though, hence why I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone on here had done it themselves. One guy who done it actually quoted a shim setting on the thread, so it's definitely been done. I don't know how much success he had after that though

4BC Stage 3 Cams on a GTiR Empty Re: BC Stage 3 Cams on a GTiR 2nd April 2015, 2:29 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

If BC don't state/support it as GTiR fitment then I would not use it, too many variables in the GTiR head as is without adding more reliability variables.
Plenty of decent specific cams available .

5BC Stage 3 Cams on a GTiR Empty Re: BC Stage 3 Cams on a GTiR 3rd April 2015, 7:28 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah agreed, plenty of cams that are available and proven to work well on these cars. What specs were you thinking? specifically 272's?. There are a lot of good reports on 260/264 cams aswell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum