Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

blow off valve vacuum diagram question?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1blow off valve vacuum diagram question? Empty blow off valve vacuum diagram question? 25th March 2015, 2:09 am

arielgtir

Okay I have searching how to on this but I keep getting different answers everywhere. As well, as different diagrams that people have done for this I was just wondering does anyone have a picture of their vacuum blow off valve set up. Because this what confuses me.blow off valve vacuum diagram question? 2015-03-24%2021.49.40
even though picture is not clear. He has 2 port on each t connector when I have seen other with just one port of the t connectors as shown in the pictureblow off valve vacuum diagram question? Gtir_4into1_vacuum_modification_3070_1
he is just running a one port t connector on each throttle body. But I see that some take off the oem vacuum tubing while others keep the oem tubing but just tap the hose coming from the crank case but isn't that bad? So I'm just confused, I know it's a simple thing to do but I'd rather do it right especially of what my gtir has been through from previous owners. I want everything running right. So some pictures of your blow off valve vacuum diagrams woukd help to see how this is suppose to be done correctly. Thank you

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

2 sensible ways really.

1. use the OEM vacuum line port for BOV (3)
  blow off valve vacuum diagram question? Bov_supply_point

2. use the 4 balancer nipple ports (in standard form they have rubber blanking caps over them) as in 2nd pic but use decent rubber hose not silicone rubbish & not turquoise color like the pic :-D

Last edited by Mr B on 25th March 2015, 6:29 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : image added)

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

^ very good point. It will prevent every single vacuum hose on your engine blowing off on the dyno like mine did Laughing

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ lol
Some of the top brand stuff is ok but hard beat quality rubber hose
Some of those neat jap style spring clamps are nice on the vac lines & helps prevent leaks - pipes coming off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum