Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

lowering springs/coilovers

+3
ROB_IOW
nomad
luke s
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1lowering springs/coilovers Empty lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 10:21 pm

luke s

Hopefully sorted my engine I'l know at the weekend but don't like the 4x4 look the car has so just seeing if anyone has a set of lowering springs or coilovers for sale?
Let me know what you or drop me a pm please

2lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 10:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I have a set of spax extra low springs never been used only been put on shocks so maybe a few marks where spring compressors have been .

3lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 10:35 pm

luke s

What are they lowering by? What price have you got in mind?

4lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 10:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

They are 70/40 mate i paid £130 for them .... so make me an offer fella Wink

5lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 10:54 pm

luke s

Let me get past the weekend then I'l know what's what , would you have pics of the car with them on?

6lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 10:58 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah no worries mate just let me know id rather sell them as will not be using them as bought coilovers in the end ....

7lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 11:00 pm

luke s

How come you went for coilovers?

8lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 11:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/viewimage.forum?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi695.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fvv315%2Fnomad29_bucket%2F2012-06-02203124.jpg

9lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 11:05 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Just a set come up cheap at the right time .... my shocks where fooked wich i didjt know at the time of purchasing the springs until i got them and went to swap them over ....

10lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 11:07 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I want some 30mm ish lowering springs

11lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 11:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Think the apexi ones are 30mm all round rob ...il check ...

12lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 11:13 pm

luke s

Ok no worries thanks

13lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 11:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

They are 35mm

14lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 17th March 2015, 11:17 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

If you want them after you thought about it drop me a pm with an offer luke ....

15lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 18th March 2015, 1:17 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

If not then I have a few sets of coilovers in if you want to go that route

Hope alls good with the engine btw Wink

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

16lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 18th March 2015, 9:31 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

ROB_IOW wrote:I want some 30mm ish lowering springs
Whiteline is one of the best. If want something more specific get springcoil custom make a set.

17lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 18th March 2015, 10:07 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Whiteline seem pretty popular when it comes to our cars, I haven't used them before but a lot of people have recommended them in the past.

18lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 18th March 2015, 10:32 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Yeah both me and my brother have used whiteline springs over the years. They lower the car even and also give that extra firmness over standard springs.
The ones Leighton has for sale, i have heard great reviews from other owners about.
I havent seen springs for sale for a good while. They usualy get snapped up as soon as they pop up for sale as its the cheapest route to go.

19lowering springs/coilovers Empty Re: lowering springs/coilovers 18th March 2015, 10:37 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh mainly as they about right balance in terms of rate & ride height to work ok on standard struts giving decent road performance. Most drop the front so low it almost on the bump stop giving awful damping & killing the struts. dropping 70mm like spax did shows they do no testing or development & don't give a toss about suspension performance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum