Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

These any good ?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1These any good ? Empty These any good ? 8th March 2015, 9:07 pm

http://www.par-engineering.com/Products/Catalog/ProdID/381/Nissan_RS5F50A_Dog_Engagement_Gearset

These a safer bet than chancing my gearbox at 400ish bhp? Would love the peace of mind to be honest because of my shitty luck ....
Besides I'd like to be able to launch without crapping myself worrying my gearset is gonna get left all over the road?
Any advice would be great
Thanks in advance

2These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 9:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Are you going to be remortgage the house .... Laughing

3These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 9:37 pm

Haha might have to at this rate Laughing works out about £3000 shipped just a consideration incase my box shits itself haha

4These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 9:39 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I would use the straightcut syncro kit if I was you, have one myself & really like it.
Price here in Asia is really good. The revised kits are very good if built right.
Cost you a lot more in europe/us with shipping & tax though
Around 400hp you could chance your current box or make some effort to help it a bit, if intending on some 1/4 mile use & launching then par kit or similar might be an idea but not a cheap one.

5These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 9:41 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Don't go wasting more money pete, by the time you get the stuff shipped, import duty added, box rebuilt it will cost you an arm and leg

Why not do as I did when I first got a pulsar Wink
Have the box rebuilt, gear set x rayed and shotpeened, billet steel 3rd 4th  5th selectors if you can afford them as the cast alloy selectors are weak, new bearings fitted throughout. Il make you a fibreglass glove fit end brace and it should hopefully all be pretty solid.

My old box is still going strong today after around 8-9 years and been in around 3-4 different high powered cars in that time one running over 570hp
In that time I've broke loads of quaifes, dog boxes and wished I had just fitted that in first instance Rolling Eyes

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 9:41 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

nomad wrote:Are you going to be remortgage  the house .... Laughing
Sell the house & live in the box that the gearkit was shipped in :-)

7These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 9:45 pm

How much did that all set you back mr bob? And I can't help it I'm panicking that something else is gonna go lol you know my luck !!!!! And mr b I'm gonna avoid the drag strip/heavy launches tbh so guess it's either go down bobs route who I'd trust with anything pulsar related or chance it with stock box. And omg leighton hats the best idea EVER!!!!

8These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 9:54 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I never fitted billet selectors as couldn't afford them at the time 

But from memory the whole lot including paying someone to build it up properly it came to 850 at the time but the box was in relatively good condition to start with
I sold it back then for basically what it cost me to have done 850 (never ever used it myself as bought a quaife before it was back with me)

Nothing is bulletproof but looking back I wished I had kept it

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

9These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 9:56 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

If you not really going be launching & you do want best from current box going Bobs route could be good option.
If box casing gears etc in good order then a refresh with treatments & uprades could keep it going for many a year.
Standard box that in very good condition is far better than most people give them credit for ... Problem these days is not many gearboxes available worthy of a decent rebuild second hand ...

10These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 10:10 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Help the Australian economy Laughing no but seriously it will cost a fortune, you are better off going down the path of the options above.

11These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 10:19 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ Said by someone who got a PPG kit I think !? :-)

12These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 10:33 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Lol I've been busted, but in my defence I got it for a good price and not brand new Laughing

13These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 10:40 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

stop Being Australian & not having a PPG gearkit in a GTiR is actually a road traffic violation I believe so it was a legal requirement should her indoors ask Very Happy

14These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 11:31 pm

splmum

splmum

Only problem with PAR is they are no longer made in Australia. All manufacturing is done in Thailand. Now only assembled in Oz. So can it be said to be Australian made, I think not.

15These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 8th March 2015, 11:41 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I wonder if it can be had cheaper in thailand .... maybe thats why its so expensive with shipping back n forth before it even comes get to your door ...

16These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 9th March 2015, 12:21 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Mine came in from Malaysia so assumed production there.
Main bonus was no shipping charge & no import fees.

17These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 9th March 2015, 1:29 am

splmum

splmum

Aha, that could be it, Malaysia not Thailand. I knew it was there somewhere as they moved all this probably near on 2 years ago now.

18These any good ? Empty Re: These any good ? 9th March 2015, 2:48 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

nomad wrote:I wonder if it can be had cheaper in thailand .... maybe thats why its so expensive with shipping back n forth before it even comes get to your door ...

That's a very good point, I didn't even think about that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum