Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Subframe Bushes

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Subframe Bushes Empty Subframe Bushes 5th February 2015, 7:06 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Hi,

Im taking a load of parts for blasting tomorrow, ive removed the knackered bushes out of the subframe but do you need to remove the metal collar before installing new poly bushes? I read somewhere that the collar needs removing as well but cant remember were I read it.

Subframe Bushes EA498EEB-0CFE-40F8-8317-3BC23D5EE545_zpsfr29lxkp

This is what Ive removed:

Subframe Bushes D29BFD53-B2CD-47AF-B9E4-259DFB40760F_zps892kijsn

Heated the center pin with mapp gas for a minute or so, easy to pull out then pop the rubber bush out with a large screwdriver, maybe there's an easier way, but a few minutes for each bush is easy enough for me  Very Happy

Subframe Bushes 79B38E67-E26C-4FFA-A92D-39EBB9C3C178_zpsafdwnlmu

Thanks

Gaz

2Subframe Bushes Empty Re: Subframe Bushes 5th February 2015, 8:29 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I think some bushes use them and others don't? Depends on the brand?

3Subframe Bushes Empty Re: Subframe Bushes 5th February 2015, 8:36 pm

toaster55

toaster55

it depends on which bushes you have to fit, if there powerflex the outer metal sleeve thats left needs to be kept. I bought some from vssirvine on the other site which come in three pieces, those need removal of the outer metal sleeve that the original bush was bonded too to fit. if you know what i mean.

4Subframe Bushes Empty Re: Subframe Bushes 5th February 2015, 9:50 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

toaster55 wrote:it depends on which bushes you have to fit, if there powerflex the outer metal sleeve thats left needs to be kept. I bought some from vssirvine on the other site which come in three pieces, those need removal of the outer metal sleeve that the original bush was bonded too to fit. if you know what i mean.

Cheers for that, its vssirvine that im getting them from.. Thanks guys

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum