Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Driver side window motor mech

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Driver side window motor mech Empty Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 5:23 am

Indy

Hi everyone I desperately need a driver side window motor today after 2 pm if anyone can help my motor has just shat itself at work and the cars all open just had to leave it pls help

2Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 6:22 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Pinch ajay's  one. Who is close to you ? Can you not take door card off and get the window up at least? How do you know its the motor itself as the switches fail a lot

Sorry for all the questions just trying to help

Indy is a great guy and from what i have seen would be the first to help others so if someone can help please do

3Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 6:51 am

Indy

Thanks johnny the window moves up and down everso slightly but just won't go up after a certain point if you understand what I'm saying I can take the card off but until then it's open to the elements in the work car park ... Doh! In all the 20 years it had to choose today lol

4Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 9:52 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

indy try pulling it up with your fingers (keeping window straight) as your pressing the switch as that will help take the strain off the cables if one has stretched

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 1:04 pm

Indy

Tried and failed

6Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 2:01 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ok then unbolt the 2 10mm bolts which hold the window into the plastic guide (youll need to remove doorcard to do this if windows partially down)
once there off find a bit of wood and wedge the window up so its closed until the regulator units replaced.
at least the car is secure then and not open to the elements, will only take you 10 minutes or so to do

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

7Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 5:53 pm

Indy

Thanks bob I will try that

8Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 6:35 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Sorry to jump on your post but my N/S window is a lot slower than the N/S will that be the motor and can you get replacements ?

9Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 7:15 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Indy wrote:Thanks johnny the window moves up and down everso slightly but just won't go up after a certain point if you understand what I'm saying I can take the card off but until then it's open to the elements in the work car park ... Doh! In all the 20 years it had to choose today lol

Mine did exactly that a couple weeks ago. The cable had rusted and one of the strands of the steel cable had wrapped up and got jammed. Mine would move down an inch and back up, but at least I could close it... If it moves at all then it won't be the motor, or the switch....

Depending where it's got stuck it can be a bit difficult to get to those 2 bolts Bob mentioned. Crying or Very sad

10Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 7:20 pm

Indy

Shocked I think bob was saying only available as secondhand or from Nissan about £300 plus! Yikes!

11Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 7:27 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Bones wrote:Sorry to jump on your post but my N/S window is a lot slower than the N/S will that be the motor and can you get replacements ?

I've had quite a few slow/stuck windows over the years and it's never been the motor. It's usually lack of oil/grease in the runners and the cables. The bottom cable and the spool that winds the cables in and out get very stiff and they're not easy to get oil in to without taking it right out. I've found the best fix is to take the whole lot out and separate the motor and gearbox from the rest then it is easy to run the cables up and down by hand and get oil in to the right places.
Best done before it stops completely.. Laughing

12Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 8:24 pm

Indy

Right chaps just a quick update thanks to bobs advise I've secured the window now but have also discovered the runner cable has dislodged now I don't know weather it's a easy job to remove and replace the whole lot the motor is moving but the mech to me looks like its pooped itself!

13Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 8:42 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Remove the 2 bolts Bob described and then you can pull out the glass.
Then I think the runner is held in with 4 bolts and the motor with 3. Undo all of them, unplug the motor, and than jiggle the whole assembly out. Bout 10mins...

14Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 9:56 pm

Indy

Thanks johnboy by the looks of it it seems quite a tight job is there enough slack on the motor cable for me to disconnect it as I have chunky hands lol and find it a wee bit difficult to get in tight spaces Smile

15Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 11:26 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Get the little fella to get his hands in there Indy

Ideally you need a swan neck 10mm spanner if the bolts are half way down the door, get your mitts in there and remove the skin from the back of them just as I've done many times Laughing
When you see blood trickling you know it's been a worth while job

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

16Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 29th January 2015, 11:59 pm

Indy

Lol bob I managed to secure the window by wrestling it down then unbolting the 2 10mm sliding the window up and securing it. At that point I realised a bit of cable hanging from the side of the slider rail, next part is to remove and examin it and replace if neccsery just wanted to see if it was as 'easy' job ( if there ever is on these ) and weather I will be able to disconnect the motor cable else il call my friend with the little hads over to help! Who knows he might be Able to assist me with some wood stuff lol

17Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 30th January 2015, 12:08 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

As John said once you have the 2 bolts out securing the window the other bits a doddle
2 bolts at top and bottom securing slider
3 bolts around the middle securing the motor (all bolts are on outside of doorskin)
Once you have those out just unplug the White connector to motor and pull the whole lot out in one lump through one of the apertures in the door skin and come get another one, like John said its only a 15 minute job even for a big mitted guy

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

18Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 30th January 2015, 8:02 am

Indy

Thanks bob I will do it today and update you all tha ka I advanced for all your help

19Driver side window motor mech Empty Re: Driver side window motor mech 4th February 2015, 5:25 pm

Indy

Sorted thanks everyone for your support and advise in this I am truly great full

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum