Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How high temp at the intake ?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How high temp at the intake ? Empty How high temp at the intake ? 9th May 2012, 8:40 pm

Osaen

I'm gonna repaint my stock intake in my R,and the spray boxes i'm gonna paint with have a max temp at around 50 degrees.
only mod my car have is complete 3" exhaust, 1,1 bar in stock turbo.
What would you recommend for me ? I'm afraid if I paint with spray boxes with max temp at 50 degrees the paint will get fucked because of the heat.

2How high temp at the intake ? Empty Re: How high temp at the intake ? 9th May 2012, 8:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What spray paint will you be using ?

3How high temp at the intake ? Empty Re: How high temp at the intake ? 9th May 2012, 10:48 pm

Osaen

In Norway we call it for "quick paint" boxes, the color is silver

4How high temp at the intake ? Empty Re: How high temp at the intake ? 9th May 2012, 10:56 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

The intake temps won't be very high at all!
If you think the cold air is hitting your intercooler to get the intake temps down as low as you can, so its only cold air that's going to the plenum.
I don't think you need high temp paint.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

5How high temp at the intake ? Empty Re: How high temp at the intake ? 10th May 2012, 12:29 am

Osaen

Ok, then I will take the chance and hope it will be going my way:)
Thanks for the help guy's Very Happy

6How high temp at the intake ? Empty Re: How high temp at the intake ? 10th May 2012, 9:58 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

If you was that worried they do do a high temp spray paint in silver like stu said i wouldnt of thought it get that hot on that side of the engine

7How high temp at the intake ? Empty Re: How high temp at the intake ? 10th May 2012, 8:34 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

my intake on very hot days gets to 25oc after a hard drive then sitting

8How high temp at the intake ? Empty Re: How high temp at the intake ? 10th May 2012, 11:13 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

you can use any paint to paint it as long as you use high temp lacquer, i done a rocker cover with normal paint and high temp lacquer and it was fine

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum