Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New SR Special RsR racing Q's

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 11:41 am

MonkOnAToilet

Hey guys, Just picked up a set of New SR special shocks and RsR racing lowering spings. Anyone know if these are quality peices? Also how much the springs will lower the car?

Cheers, Monk.

2New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty Re: New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 12:14 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

You can't go wrong with KYB SR Special if price was reasonable.
Strut option new are very very limited unless get likes of bilstien or Ohlins build a set as most strut range off shelf all ended now.
They will be far better than coilovers for sure ...
I think RsR springs are 40mm drop but they may of done 2 drop ranges !
Personally I think 30mm max on struts for road. Lowering to much doesn't work well with the struts or the R really.
Worth seeing how the RsR springs work out though as easy enough change them if needed at later date .

3New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty Re: New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 12:47 pm

MonkOnAToilet

Ya, im not looking to make the R impractical. So hopefully its not too low. I picked up all 4 struts with nismo rear strut brace and a cusco front brace for $400 CAD. That a good price?

4New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty Re: New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 12:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not knowing exchange rates but i would say thats a pretty good price for everything ...

5New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty Re: New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 1:02 pm

MonkOnAToilet

Uncle google says it 215 quid

6New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty Re: New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 1:02 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

That about £218 (XE rates) so that my friend is stealing :-D
very cheap.
Hope you through in a tin of maple syrup too :-P
How rare is the GTiR and used parts in Canada these days !?

7New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty Re: New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 1:14 pm

MonkOnAToilet

Good to know i got a good price!

They arent too bad, I've seen 2 get imported into Alberta through the same guy that got mine for me. But there sure isnt a surplus of them. They are beginning to become more expensive, as they rarely make appearances on the jap auctions.

8New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty Re: New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 1:27 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh options on fresh imports is drying up & if fussy on what you want really could be some time in finding a suitable car.

9New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty Re: New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 1:35 pm

MonkOnAToilet

Ya, i was expecting to wait for a while, but my car popped up at a dealer 2 days after i decided i wanted one. It was fate hahah.

10New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty Re: New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 1:55 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Funny like that with cars, sometimes you find the almost impossible first time without much effort or complete reverse - you spend months travelling about viewing junk.
Hope you enjoy it & your classic R behaves itself :-)

11New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty Re: New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 2:06 pm

MonkOnAToilet

I hope so too! only drove it a handful of times last year but i never had any major issues. I need to get the Greddy E-manage sorted on it though. Not even sure why it has one as its stock turbo and injectors...

12New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty Re: New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 7:19 pm

gtirnick

being in edmonton, i'd give it a coat of por15 over the strut housings, clean off the treads on the strut bolts and a lot of antiseize.

13New SR Special RsR racing  Q's Empty Re: New SR Special RsR racing Q's 23rd January 2015, 7:25 pm

MonkOnAToilet

I'm not driving the R in the winter for that reason exactly. But that is still a good idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum