Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rails

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rails  Empty Rails 4th January 2015, 3:18 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

So what's the deal with getting new rails? Are there any places I can get them from over there? Mine are butchered from idiots putting jacks on them duh

2Rails  Empty Re: Rails 4th January 2015, 4:00 am

splmum

splmum

see this
https://www.gtiroz.net/topic/14272-chassis-rails/?hl=%2Bchassis+%2Brails
and this
https://www.gtiroz.net/topic/12334-in-the-shed-with-the-moneypit/?hl=%2Bchassis+%2Brail

3Rails  Empty Re: Rails 4th January 2015, 4:37 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Awesome thanks, so these are just the front half of the rail? Now I have part numbers I'll call nissan back. Hopefully be able to get the rear section aswell

4Rails  Empty Re: Rails 4th January 2015, 9:19 am

robins

nissan got me a set in uk within a week but as said rears not made any more

5Rails  Empty Re: Rails 4th January 2015, 10:33 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks guys. Annoying rears aren't available anymore.

6Rails  Empty Re: Rails 7th January 2015, 2:56 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ordered rails today, coming from Japan so hopefully all goes well. Think I'm going to see if a local sheet metal fabrication shop can make up the rears for me once these get here.

7Rails  Empty Re: Rails 7th January 2015, 7:27 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

should be easy enough for local metal worker or restoration panel shop shape up some rails. If you take them off quite neatly should be easy use as a pattern.
Quite surprised not available from japan nissan.

8Rails  Empty Re: Rails 7th January 2015, 7:37 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

The rear ones on there are horrible but the design is easy enough to copy anyway, should turn out alright. I'm forwarding forward to fixing up the underbody. It's such a let down everytime I look at it lol

9Rails  Empty Re: Rails 7th January 2015, 8:02 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

yes annoys me to see bent up rails & sills from careless jacking.
see quite a few poor fronts as so much weight on them due to cars weight balance. should be really easy do the rears, hardest thing is initially getting someone interested.

10Rails  Empty Re: Rails 7th January 2015, 8:38 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah agreed. I'll need to do some straightening of the floor aswell, they are well pushed up at the moment Sad

11Rails  Empty Re: Rails 8th January 2015, 7:56 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Relooking at the rears they are pretty screwed, getting accurate measurements will be interesting scratch

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum