Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

25th Anniversary - any plans?

+10
johnny gtir
Mr B
PartyPete
Gaz GTiR
GTI-R US
ROB_IOW
Stu
gtir_woody
GTIRSI
paz
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2625th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 8:01 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I know a few owners local to me who would be up for it so that's probably 5 cars so far Smile
I think it would be ok it will be all about the love for our gtiR's

2725th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 8:30 pm

shroom

shroom

I would definately want to come along with my R, dont really care much for any of the other forun stuff just come to talk about the R really.

Miss the J10 meets me used to have with Stu was a great couple of years so would like to get involved in any meets as its getting a lonely place owning an R at the best of times.

2825th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 9:00 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I never went to any of the j10 meets but sounded like they were good.
Stu did mention them to me years ago but never managed to get over to one
The forum stuff should not put anyone off it's just about the cars for me Smile and having a good day out with all..
I really hope we can get a good turn out for the 25th anniversary
So come on lads let's get some names down for this

2925th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 10:08 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Count me in for this!

3025th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 11:17 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I dont mind helping organise a central meet at one of the shows this year if thats what people want?
I have been talking to my mate about starting up the j10-meets back up and we have started talking to other clubs to make a joint effort.
We cant hold our meets in the westmidlands any more. The police have been to court because of a few wankers street racing and have got an injunction on the whole of the westmidlands Sad
So anything organised will have to be for an established show. Like trax. Japshow or japfest...

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

3125th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 11:27 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Other clubs ? .... i know alot of places are becoming like this now with regards to police etc .... its a shame that a limited few bellends spoil it for others ...

3225th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 11:50 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Yeah a couple of jap only car clubs that have moved from forums to facebook only. They seam a good bunch of owners and enthusiastic about having club stands at shows still.
We could do a joint club stand but have all the gtirs parked together?
Atleast this way we make new friends and also get the clubs name out there and can also introduce torque of the south to the other clubs Smile

3325th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 7th January 2015, 2:54 pm

paz

Sounds good to me, I'm definitely up for it.

3425th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 7th January 2015, 3:17 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I have made some calls today about this meet mallory might be good but waiting on a event company who does track days there to get back to me.
And also called rockingham speedway who could hold the event there if we can't get mallory
Great stu could you pm me ur number and I will give you a call
Thanks si

3525th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 7th January 2015, 5:24 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I honestly think you are wasting your time trying to organise something solely for the gtir!
For a meet so soon you will be better organising a meet at a show thats already established like japfest.
That way you only need to get owners to attend and the track time is already there to book and there will already be other things happening that japfest have setup.

3625th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 7th January 2015, 5:37 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Yeah I understand where you are coming from stu.
Even if we do get good numbers it will be at open track days for other cars.
So other things will be going on.
Wot event do you think would best suit us ?
Jap fest 2 was good last year it was at donnington
Only thing is it's a bit late in the year so might put some people off.
I think it needs to be central in England to attract as many as we can

3725th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 7th January 2015, 6:29 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Trax at silverstone is a good day usually Smile
Its not just jap tho.

3825th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 9th January 2015, 3:03 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

This meet is coming together nicely. I'm making progress with location and the date will be revealed shortly Smile so I will start a thread in events section soon.. Would also like to find out rough numbers for people who would like to go on track.
Thanks Si

3925th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 9th January 2015, 8:35 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Will drop you my number tomorrow Si.
If you need a hand with anything i will help if i can.
You will need to organise some marshalls for when everyone arrives at the event. Just to get them into the right sections etc.
Me and Jon did the last anniversary and it was a struggle with just the two of us.

4025th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 10th January 2015, 5:07 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

That's great stu pm me your number when you get chance and I will get in touch soon. As would appreciate your help Smile
Yeah I will have to sort out marshall's, think I will go to the event location closer to the time and sort this sort of thing out in person so we have a procedure planned
Thanks stu
Will talk with you soon

4125th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 10th January 2015, 6:07 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Been busy today. Will message you in a bit.

4225th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 10th January 2015, 8:32 pm

shroom

shroom

If you need any help I can also offer a hand wouldnt mind as I really enjoyed the 20th anniversary!

4325th Anniversary - any plans? - Page 2 Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 12th January 2015, 6:37 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

That's great thanks mate Smile all help is welcome. I will give you a pm when I get the location and date. Thanks again

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum