Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dom from Newcastle

+10
PartyPete
toaster55
splmum
johnny gtir
pulsar23
nomad
pulsarmoley
Bones
gtir_woody
Gaz GTiR
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Dom from Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Dom from Newcastle 23rd November 2014, 11:04 am

Ah ok, I remember it on there and yeah it is very hi spec then lol,
What made you wanna sell it in the first place

27Dom from Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Dom from Newcastle 23rd November 2014, 12:38 pm

dpmc21

dpmc21

I didn't want to sell but was possibly needing extra funds for my business but as it happened that wasn't necessary so I removed it from sale and I now have no plans to sell it, and just improve upon the spec.

28Dom from Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Dom from Newcastle 23rd November 2014, 2:08 pm

Glad to hear it lol, best car to keep if you can manage to, improve on the spec lol what else is there to do to it really, do you have a spec list, or add it to members gtir and write it up in there

29Dom from Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Dom from Newcastle 24th November 2014, 9:44 am

dpmc21

dpmc21

Yeah I will try get the full spec up sometime this week but its hard remembering it all when you try write it down. As for doing more to it, well my next step is to try and update the ignition system for something more modern and a new ecu (most likely Syvecs) with a MAP sensor to get rid of the MAF and clear some space in the engine bay a bit more.

30Dom from Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Dom from Newcastle 24th November 2014, 10:30 am

If you go on your eBay unsold you will still have the Advert there for it so you might just be able to copy and paste it from there,
What would be the positives off getting rid off the maf,
And how good are the syvces Ecu ??

31Dom from Newcastle - Page 2 Empty Re: Dom from Newcastle 24th November 2014, 4:11 pm

dpmc21

dpmc21

To be honest I couldn't give you technical reasons as for why as I would just be copying things I have read elsewhere, which while I do understand them, I have no first hand experience to back it up. Both seem to have their positives and negatives but for me I am planning on having a new manifold made up next year to move the turbo (as of yet to be decided) to a top mount position and slightly over to the side so there won't be much space for the MAF sensor then, that and the fact that it was on the rollers a couple of weeks ago and apparently the Z32 MAF was close to maxing out, I am going to go with a Syvecs ecu regardless so it just makes sense for my situation to do away with it and use a MAP sensor. I am sure someone with more knowledge on these matters could enlighten us both here, I may even ask in the forum myself actually.

The Syvecs ecu is costly but does seem to be a really great piece of kit, from speaking with people and from what I have read they are very similar to a MoTec.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum