Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody had dealings with a vauxhall missfire

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

bought a 2005 Vauxhall astra 1.6 petrol in july

Now if i drive it gently it sometimes has a random missfire .
Now this is completeley random . When it missfires if i turn ignition off for 5 seconds then restart the missfire is gone

If drive it like i've stolen it it's fine . itt has several fault codes
po300 random cylinder missfire
po301 cylinder 1 missfire
po302 cylinder 2 missfire
po303 cylinder 3 missfire
po304 cylinder 4 missfire
po314 single cylinder missfire ( cylinder not specified )

It has had in the past 12 months , maf , coil pack , water hoses

Anybody got any ideas ?

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Is ecu bolted to the side of cylinder head by any chance??
if yes there is big chance that one of soldering gone loose I've had about 4 of them with misfire and two with acceleration pedal position sensor

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

It also has an issue if you hold partial throttle. It kangeroo's slightly. More or less throttle and is fine. .

Don't know where ecu is

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

http://www.ecutesting.com/vauxhall_vectra_zafira_astra_1.html

they helped me every time same with abs/esp pumps - Brake Pressure Sensor on bmw and vw

Another thing i would check is cat but with cat falling apart you wouldn't drive it...

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

If ecu is on right side of head they got problems with dispersing heat + some rattle from engine and it can fail some time if you're running ot of ideas you might as well get bloody thing checked I think it's something like £60 to check it + delivery etc

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I would of said coilpack intially .... but i know they can suffer with poor fuel pick up issues also glitchy software has it been updated .... and dont rule out egr valve if its not closing properly it will lean it right out ...

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I forgot about the cats .may explain why its ok when you rag the granny out of it ....

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Just took kids to school and it drove fine. Six mile round trip .
But i know if i drive the same tomoz it will probably missfire at some point during the journey. .

Completely random. .

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

basics bob you know the score

disconnect all electrical connections clean and water seal especially this time of year as that's when you get dry joints and bad connections

if above fails and its a patent coil pack fitted then could still be that which is faulty as they commonly cause intermittent misfires which will be stored in kam
also as gostek said with regard to ecus overheating is very true
ive seen them blow before on astras where the injector circuit in one case was not allowing injector shut off so was pumping neat fuel literally out of ex tailpipe so replacement ecu cured the prob but check all earth connections before fitting as the Vauxhalls are notorious for ecu earthing problems aswell.

wont be a collapsed cat or blocked ex as the more you put your right boot down the worse it will be as back pressure will just build up but car will be fine if acceleration is gentle and steady throttle held

theres a bit to be getting on with anyway

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com