Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Impatience is not wise!

+7
grim_d
johnny gtir
nomad
gtir_woody
Bones
Gaz GTiR
Gtirchris
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Impatience is not wise! Empty Impatience is not wise! 12th November 2014, 10:35 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

As some of you know my R is finally ready to go back on the road, I just need to sort out a few little bits for the MOT before she's officially back on the road.

Well I'm a very impatient person and decided to take her for a blast down the back lanes (private roads of course) was all fun until I decided to put my foot down properly without thinking what I was doing!
The road was wet, muddy and maybe even a little icy because it's been getting cold at nights, anyway the surface was like ice!
I pulled out from a lane, put my foot down and it just span all fours like no tomorrow and I should of clicked on that the roads were bad at that point! I changed to second and put the car into a left hand bend and it started to slide, next thing I knew it wanted to just do a rapid 180 degree spin in the middle of the road and there wasn't enough room, I would of put my back end into a wall! So I tried to control the spin to the best of my abilitys, I gave it some opposite lock and dabbed the throttle in a hope to get it straight but then it threw me into a spin the other way and my front end was going to the wall! I some how managed to save it, all I did was got a rear wheel covered in grass and mud from the grass verge on the other side of the road Embarassed

I wasn't going fast enough to hurt myself because it was literally a couple of hundred yards from where I pulled off so I wasn't exactly carrying a lot of speed but if I had hit that wall it would of made a good mess of my car!!
It's probably a good thing it happened because now its made me realise I need to go steady lol, I think ive just been used to driving a FWD auto Astra with zero horspower for so long I just forgot what I was doing in my R Laughing

2Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 12th November 2014, 12:25 pm

Gtirchris

Oops!, oh well, it's all good fun, I bet your arse was twitching like a rabbits nose though mate!, at least you and the R are ok though Wink

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

3Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 12th November 2014, 1:42 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Had that a few times in the R... Youv e got to admit its pretty fun Laughing Laughing Laughing

But yeh I had odd tyers all the way round when I had my worst spin out, it was when I first bought the car & had odd tyres on all 4 wheels scratch scratch

Glad you saved it tho mate, I would cry if it was my pride & joy

4Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 12th November 2014, 8:51 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I'm glad .... I'd have been well pissed off after doing the gearbox fork... Knob head lol

5Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 12th November 2014, 9:30 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Glad the R is ok Smile It's the best feeling pulling out of something like that with no damage Laughing

6Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 12th November 2014, 10:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sounds like you had a lucky escape .... glad it worked out with no damage otherwise that would of been pretty gutting trip out ...

7Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 12th November 2014, 10:17 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Take your time these cars will bite you in the arse and not just for money for maintanance and parts . Motto is enjoy but respect them even standard can be a handfull if pushed hard. Think you need a down tune bill

8Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 12th November 2014, 10:47 pm

grim_d

grim_d

That will make you think from now on!

Glad all ok but as above, they will bite if not careful as I also found out! Laughing

9Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 12th November 2014, 11:33 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

As above
don't be a statistic bill you don't wanna fook your other arm up and send the car to the grim reaper now do you

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

10Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 13th November 2014, 9:54 am

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

We've all had moments like this, didn't make me slow down but what did was when my mate was driving his fiesta st and spun it on the dual carriageway 6 fekin times at 120. Had my girlfriend in the back and I was scared of her getting hurt. I used to be completely wreck less but I've never drove like a twat since.

11Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 13th November 2014, 9:58 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I think Darren would of done more damage to me than any crash would of lol! all that hard work making him get under my car to change a bloody clutch fork, I think he would of strangled me till my head popped Laughing
It's not put me off giving it some or anything but it did shit me up, and I'll think twice next time before I just plant the foot mid bend on a tight muddy back lane lol

12Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 13th November 2014, 5:13 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Think how bad it would be if you weren't the spoon owner lol

13Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 13th November 2014, 6:06 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Another option is Up the power bill so if it spins you have even more power to pull it straight or power you out the ditch

14Impatience is not wise! Empty Re: Impatience is not wise! 14th November 2014, 2:11 pm

Indy

Wow bill I'm glad u and the r a ok mate shit weather nowadays take care out there all young hot blooded boys and gals! Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum