Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MOT time... Parts wanted

+2
johnboy
Hardy172cup
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MOT time... Parts wanted Empty MOT time... Parts wanted 11th November 2014, 1:26 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Ok so it's time for the dreaded MOT and I've got a bit of a list to get her through, infant it's a 2 pager Shocked Embarassed Most of I is just small things but I do require a few parts and I'm not sure where the best place is to locate these parts and preferably ASAP so I can get it done before I have to pay for a retest.

Here's what I need to locate

Nearside track rod end ball joint dust cover
Near side front suspension arm ball joint dust cover
Offside front suspension arm ball joint dust cover
Offside rear brake pipe (feed to flex) inadiquatly clipped (guessing I need a new clip)
Off side rear (feed to flex) brake pipe
Nearside steering rack gator split
Offside front suspension arm ball joint

Where would I be best to locate these parts? It's mostly ball joint dust covers etc. I'm thinking of taking a trip to my local auto factors but I'm not sure how much help they will be with it being a GTI-R Rolling Eyes

2MOT time... Parts wanted Empty Re: MOT time... Parts wanted 11th November 2014, 1:45 pm

johnboy

johnboy

These will turn up very quickly - just got to get the size right...

http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Equipment/Ball-Joint-Dust-Covers-Car-89-8794

3MOT time... Parts wanted Empty Re: MOT time... Parts wanted 11th November 2014, 3:03 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks for the link mate thumbsup

4MOT time... Parts wanted Empty Re: MOT time... Parts wanted 11th November 2014, 6:08 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Nearside track rod end ball joint dust cover        ....................  FIT A NEW TRACK ROD END THEY AINT EXPENSIVE
Near side front suspension arm ball joint dust cover   ................         FIT A NEW BALL JOINT
Offside front suspension arm ball joint dust cover        ....................         FIT A NEW BALL JOINT
Offside rear brake pipe (feed to flex) inadiquatly clipped (guessing I need a new clip)        ....................     ZIP TIE WILL DO THE JOB
Off side rear (feed to flex) brake pipe ................. ASK A GARAGE TO MAKE YOU A PIPE UP
Nearside steering rack gator split         ............... NEW RACK GATOR
Offside front suspension arm ball joint    ...................         FIT A NEW BALL JOINT

you  can get ball joints for about £8
track rod end for about £12
And a steering rack gator is about £4
All can be bought from any decent factors

5MOT time... Parts wanted Empty Re: MOT time... Parts wanted 11th November 2014, 8:54 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks for that advice rob, might aswell just replace the ball joint and track rod end for the price if the parts.

I've ordered everything I need now, just need to do a few bits like handbrake recording little effort and rear fog not working. Should have her back on the road soon Very Happy

6MOT time... Parts wanted Empty Re: MOT time... Parts wanted 12th November 2014, 5:28 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh ball joints might as well be replaced & one marked as needing doing so might as well do both.
track rod would be cheaper & probably easier to replace boot but I would do new joint as job jobbed & won't be popping up on MOT a following year.
ADL & Solid Ace do parts, solid ace japan 555 ball joints are super quality & easy fit, don't buy the cheapest european monkey metal ball joints as they are junk & normally poor fit.
Nothing too nasty, new bit of brake pipe probably biggest cost but nothing major.

7MOT time... Parts wanted Empty Re: MOT time... Parts wanted 12th November 2014, 7:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

If your local motor factors cant source the parts bill .....http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts.asp?page=1&cat=87&sub=119&sec=1184&var=0&dc=&gen=&searchKey=&searchPart=

8MOT time... Parts wanted Empty Re: MOT time... Parts wanted 12th November 2014, 7:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Or http://www.japarts.co.uk/shop/imports/nissan-sunny/2-0-gtir-turbo-4wd-pulsar-n14

9MOT time... Parts wanted Empty Re: MOT time... Parts wanted 12th November 2014, 7:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

There is also a how to in the how to section for track rod ends wich i did ... while you have the track rod end off you can replace the steering rack gaitor as you will need to take the track rod end off to do so ... Wink

10MOT time... Parts wanted Empty Re: MOT time... Parts wanted 12th November 2014, 8:45 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

As above bill and if you take the break pipe section off and up to auto spares they will make you an exact replacement for a couple of quid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum