Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

hello! new project!

+5
GTI-R US
johnny gtir
Andy Sunny Gti
gtir_woody
arielgtir
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hello! new project!  Empty hello! new project! 10th November 2014, 3:03 am

arielgtir

Hello! My name is ariel from northern virginia. Found this rare 1993 nissan pulsar gtir here in the states. That's why I say rare because I have never seen one and not gonna lie was smiling the whole tike I took a look at it.

About me: started to build a 2005 subaru legacy gt. Auto, unfortunately, at the time was looking for manual but the price range was double my budget. So pulled the trigger because I needed a car for work and college. Bought her at 144k, first month already cylinder head, timing belt, and turbo blew. This tike I didn't know much but then fixing her up and modding her I gained more and more knowledge.
First time I got the legacy.
hello! new project!  A37d3dd1
hello! new project!  4e5f1783
and now
hello! new project!  IMG_20141008_185114
hello! new project!  IMG_20141008_181635
hello! new project!  IMG_20141031_001924
hello! new project!  IMG_20140905_103057
mods:
Cobb Accessport V2 Stage 2
CNT 3' catted downpipe
single exit exhaust
Megan racing unequal length headers with up pipe combo
Cobb Sf intake
Perrin turbo inlet
killer bee oil pick up tube
killer bee oil baffle tray
IPR tmic
samco bpv hose
grimmspeed air/oil seperator
IP&T oil feed line
dyno tuned by jr

Exterior:
Front lip
blacked out headlights
yellow tint fogs
FENDER FLARES
XXR 17X10 +20 offset
roof spoiler
liberal aero hood scoop

Brakes/Suspension:
4000 dba drilled and slotted rotors and brake pads
megan racing rear rear control arms
megan racing rear front control arms
megan racing camber kit
kartboy front and rear endlinks
whiteline front and rear fixed sway bars
BC BR coilovers

Interior:
Prosport Boost gauge
Prosport Oil presure gauge
Innovate air/fuel ratio gauge
JSC cubby pod
DragonBall shift knob
nrg steering wheel and quick release

Now I sold the legacy it was a good run
167k ending at the clock and now starting a new projet.
1993 nissan pulsar gtir
is it worth it hell yeah! Needs tlc but right hand drive and I have never seen one in person I think it would be an interesting build and also very interesting car so why not.
now the dude with the pulsar, Godzilla jr. basically haha. unfortunately miles are unknown I need to figure that out and has a list of things to do:
-Valve cover gasket
-spark plugs
-fuel filter
-front rotors, rear rotors
-dash
-carpet
-front speakers door
-change out rear different fluid
-no ac
-lines if you want those roof attenna
-tires
-oil pan gasket
-fix front mount holding by zip ties
-front bumper as well holding by zip ties
-Needs a new tune as well
what the owner told me
hello! new project!  20141102_11535_edit_1415586117053
hello! new project!  20141102_115319
hello! new project!  IMG_20141102_124839
I know it was book sorry folks but just excited and can't wait to see how I turn this gtir around.
Sent by Johnny gtir from instagram thanks again man! Now my only question is, other then ebay, any where you guys get parts for these cars? Because I know it might be hard but not impossible.

2hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 10th November 2014, 5:06 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome to the forum mate! Love both the cars, looks like the legacy has the same wheels as mine Smile depending on what you are searching for bob would be your man for parts on here

3hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 10th November 2014, 6:37 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Welcome on board, good luck with the project.
So what's the deal with these in the states. Are they officially now legal to own and import?

Last edited by Andy Sunny Gti on 10th November 2014, 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total

4hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 10th November 2014, 7:00 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome to the site mate lots of places. Pulsar bob on here has lots of parts as do quite a few members. A Lad on here called nomad is a wizard finds links to parts and new parts and places better than most if not all. Any question on anything dont be afraid to ask if its stuipid we will give the answer first and then wind you up BUT its all in fun you wont get shot down for asking newby questions hence why i sent you here to this forum.

Parts wise new we have big lists of both standard and uprated and a few of us inc myself have helped send parts all over the world to help members out so welcome and good luck

5hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 10th November 2014, 1:29 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

hiya fella and welcome to the forum : )

im pulsar bob who runs gti-r us in uk here's our website if you want to take a look
www.gti-r-us.co.uk or a lot of our current stock is listed on here under parts section.

we ship parts worldwide so give us a shout should you need anything or any advice come to that but the guys on here are all very friendly and knowledgable should you require any help regarding anything.

were looking at importing a few cars to the states next year as I have a contact out in LA so may probably export a few spares at the same time, will see how it goes

hope you enjoy the car they are great fun little things, its a pity you don't have many windy roads over there so you can experience there full potential as that's where they are very good at what they do

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 10th November 2014, 2:40 pm

arielgtir

Thanks for the hospitality guys! gtir_woody, Andy Sunny Gti, johnny gtir and GTI-R US! Smile and thats sweet! stir_woody! im planning to make the pulsar wide body as well. lol. Ever since i did the widebody on the legacy, ive caught the widebody bug haha. Andy Sunny gti, from what i know its registered as a kit car but supposedly he knows a couple people around texas and new york with pulsars as well. and thanks johnny gtir and bob sounds great! yeah my main question was how to find parts lol. right now i want to do the maintenance as in valve cover gasket, oil pan and oil pan gasket, spark plugs, fluids. especially fluids cause everyone has their own preference. interior i need a new dash cause the dash is cracked, interior carpet because driver side is missing. then i need a tune, subaru was different because i had the accessport, but i want to learn more about the motor so ima do more research, and get more mods as in fuel pump and maybe injectors. right now it has front mount, intake and catback. he has a downpipe hes going to give me but i need front mount intercooler brackets because its holding by zip ties and front bumper is holding by zip ties as well. then suspension wise, sway bars, end links, coilovers and control arms. deep dish wheels, fender flares and meaty tires. i want to have the car running and looking good as well. then later on i will add a lot more power. but thanks you guys looking forward to this build. Smile

7hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 10th November 2014, 3:49 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome to the forum fella, like the work you've put into that legacy, look forward to what you do with your pulsar thumbsup

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

8hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 10th November 2014, 6:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum ariel looks like you have lots of enthusiasm for it already will look forward to seeing the build along the way of its transformation ...

9hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 10th November 2014, 6:39 pm

keastygtir

Welcome! always nice to see new ones

10hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 10th November 2014, 7:00 pm

toaster55

toaster55

welcome, hopefully you'll get it all sorted quickly. Very Happy

11hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 10th November 2014, 9:34 pm

arielgtir

Thank you everyone! i appreciate the welcoming! i cannot wait to get started in her, hopefully this week i can get her because my subaru decided to take a crap on me so i have to get it fixed before i give it to her new owner! another question folks. How do you tune an sr20det motor? i done a little research with nistune, as well as halltek and aem.

12hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 10th November 2014, 10:57 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Have a look under ecu section on here there's loads of info in there regarding nistune, maps and so forth.

Bit different from Cobb as there are loads of generic maps available on the net to upload for various cars but with pulsars you really need to find a base map then tweak it yourself as the cars are old and so many things need to be taken into consideration with regard to various mods and other sensors and so forth which may not be working correctly due to their age or poor wiring

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

13hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 14th November 2014, 11:55 am

arielgtir

Thank you GTIR-US! Yeah I took a little look into before and I knew it wasn't going to be the same as cobb, being as an older car. But I might go with a nistune in the future for right now it barely has any mods. By the way I sent you an email about parts I needed for my pulsar onhttp://gti-r-us.co.uk/partsspares/. I don't know if you receive just need a quote for the shipping because being I'm in the states it's gonna cost me.

14hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 16th November 2014, 11:48 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah think I got it fella sorry for late reply but il email you back tomorrow with quote for parts your needing

Can also pm me on here if you wish

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

15hello! new project!  Empty Re: hello! new project! 17th November 2014, 2:15 am

arielgtir

thanks, i was still getting use to this forum from the legacy gt one. lol. i sent a pm.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum