Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

det head vs vet head

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1det head vs vet head Empty det head vs vet head 28th September 2014, 10:35 pm

badgtir

Has anyone put a vet head on there pulsar as a mate said its worth doing opinions and feedback needed guys

2det head vs vet head Empty Re: det head vs vet head 28th September 2014, 11:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Andy has done it mate .... http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t3899-time-to-finish-my-never-ending-project-nissan-sunny-gti-sr20ve-t

3det head vs vet head Empty Re: det head vs vet head 29th September 2014, 2:05 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

They have had good results, from what I understand the following needs to done to fit a ve head onto a gtir block.

- machine head for larger head studs
- external oil line for vvl
- gtir inlet manifold won't work as the ports are different. Some people have used an adapter plate?
- enlarge holes if using a standard gtir exhaust manifold
- standalone ecu or an rpm activated switch to the engage the vvl
- care should be taken as the values on the VE head will sit closer to the piston
- injectors

I'm sure someone who has done it can confirm my list? But yeah people in states make crazy power out of them.

4det head vs vet head Empty Re: det head vs vet head 29th September 2014, 5:50 am

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

nomad wrote:Andy has done it mate .... http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t3899-time-to-finish-my-never-ending-project-nissan-sunny-gti-sr20ve-t

Not quite.

My car is not an Sr20det with a ve head swap.

It is actually an sr20de with a full sr20ve engine swap which I am going to turbo charge making it an Sr20ve+t.

Similar but slightly different as it will still be 2wd against the gtir 4wd, and will have the sr20ve 4cw lighter crank against the gtir 8cw crank.

To be honest yes we have heard good results with a ve head on a gtir, but if you are not looking for crazy high revving power 500bhp+ then why bother.
If you heavily modify a gtir upto 500bhp, and a gtir upto 500bhp with a ve head, they will both be similar, performance wise.
The gtir with ve head will drive better and rev better though.
But then your talking about revving to 9000 rpm +, then it goes into choosing the right turbo that doesn't run out of puff.
Which then means a huge turbo, could this possibly lead to massive lag issues? Then it's gearbox time, looking for the right expensive one that will hold out high revs and power.
See lots to think about before just banging a ve head on.
If your running under 500bhp why bother..

Last edited by Andy Sunny Gti on 25th October 2014, 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

5det head vs vet head Empty Re: det head vs vet head 25th October 2014, 7:32 am

lenzo

lenzo

Andy is right what he is saying iv gone down the vvl route my self but it's more to do with just reving the vvl will out flow a det head every day of the week it will give you a better spool up and revs like mad I choose the vvl route because my precision 6262 was out doing my det head and felt like the turbo was just started to get going and I was over 550 and what it cost me to convert mine is a lot less then what I would have spend to try get my det to rev to 9k but now I'm gonna be reving to 11k .

To do the vvl conversion need to redrill the head bolt from 11mm to 12mm then need to drill and tap into the back of the head and the block to run your oil supply line then you need to mount the vvl solenoid and get it mapped any good mapper can map this into your ecu now your done a best part of maybe £800 now this is where the cost raises if you wanted to run a more aggressive cam you will need new piston with valve relief because if not your valve will hit your piston either put holes in the piston or bend the valve .

If you need any help on where to drill etc etc drop me a pm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum