Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

just going through some pics

+6
Stu
nomad
Indy
lenzo
grim_d
GTI-R US
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1just going through some pics Empty just going through some pics 5th September 2014, 3:58 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

shit ive had a few gtirs over the years

my favourite was my 1st one, wished I had never broke that beasty, best handling gtir I ever had  Sad
just going through some pics Trackdaypics3
just going through some pics Trackdaypics

then I had this one which was yellow and I stripped and painted it in the Marlborough colours, looked the nuts but handled like pooh
cars now in Greece
just going through some pics Dsc00783b
just going through some pics Dsc00781y
just going through some pics Dsc00779jf
just going through some pics Dsc00784k
just going through some pics Gtir10

then this one, gaz had been out in this a few years back at blyton park wasn't very quick this one (got nailed by a saab at Bedford in it also so had to go, someone on this forum bought that car iirc
just going through some pics FoA2i8
just going through some pics ByrEvk
just going through some pics 1RIZei

then had this one which we sold on was damned quick but once again had handling issues.
been another 2 in betwwen so 5 track cars in total plus all the road cars ive owned over the years
just going through some pics 002ldr

those days have gone now its time for the rise of the rasheens (sounds like something from terminator) lol yaheeeeyyy geek

just going through some pics 2bdw
just going through some pics Po0a

Last edited by GTI-R US on 5th September 2014, 4:24 pm; edited 3 times in total

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 5th September 2014, 4:18 pm

grim_d

grim_d

So why do you think the other 2 had handling issues? Setup? Iffy shells? Parts?

3just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 5th September 2014, 4:21 pm

lenzo

lenzo

Bob is just too fussy that's why Laughing

4just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 5th September 2014, 4:38 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

think it was a mixture of both the setup and 2 of them definitely had taken a knock in their past which obviously affected the handling hugely

the first one we experimented with wheel spacers running a 65mm wider rear track which 100% helped with understeer issues
then we tried a few mods on other cars that turned out to be de-mods as far as im concerned, too much castor and camber certainly never helped as just caused drag on unloaded wheel at point of powering from apex. also by going too stiff with certain items doesn't really work unless you pay a fortune for real quality suspension, once again it just adds to understeer issue

that's why with the rasheen im going back to basics
softer suspension that's allowed to work
biggest bestest brakes you can fit
leaving all weight in rear of car to try give a better balance rather than it all being over front axle
upping the power to counterbalance the weight
very wide track to keep as much rubber on the tarmac as possible
fitting front lsd
plus lots and lots of cooling mods to keep those temps down as the more power you run the hotter everything gets and unless its kept as cool as possible it wont last very long before it goes up in a cloud of smoke, that's if its driven to its limit as this will be

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities

5just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 5th September 2014, 7:10 pm

Indy

That's a lovely collection bob I love the wheels on your first one and love the red and white one

6just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 5th September 2014, 8:58 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Seen both of the first cars in the flesh .... the black wide arch was my favourite by far ....

7just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 5th September 2014, 10:55 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

White and red one was mine when it was yellow Smile
just going through some pics 2009-06-12133100

8just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 5th September 2014, 11:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Looks very nice indeed standard rims aswell .... Wink

9just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 5th September 2014, 11:54 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

What other suspension mods did the first one have that made it awesome? Love the pic of the third car on the track Very Happy

10just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 6th September 2014, 6:18 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Its all down to the individual car and driver. As bob said the wider track will of helped alot. Dont go wild with harsh settings. To stiff and as we know all the weight is upfront try and battery into boot or behind driver or passenger seat. Same with washer bottle. Bob said all above but its all trial and error with individual choices to suit your driving style. Good tyres are a must. Brakes and handling are worth 10x any power upgrade. Good cold air feed cooling mods and regular decent maping are a must for reliabilty

11just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 6th September 2014, 9:41 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I've just put a sub, amp and 6x9's in my R lol, normally I would opt for less weight over louder music but i though the extra weight in the boot might help to balance things a bit Laughing plus it sounds a damn sight better than just front door speakers it had before thumbsup

12just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 6th September 2014, 12:11 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

nomad wrote:Looks very nice indeed standard rims aswell .... Wink
I think those rims cost me £17.50 off ebay Smile
It was a great looking car, but driving it was to noisey with everything stripped out. It just wasnt for me Sad

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

13just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 6th September 2014, 3:16 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

gtir_woody wrote:What other suspension mods did the first one have that made it awesome?  Love the pic of the third car on the track Very Happy

as johnny said really it works differently for each driver there is no one setup that will suit everyones driving style as some are more aggressive than others so its each to their own settings really
but heres what I was running from memory and I want to achieve this again but go one better this time round

it was running leda coilovers which have good spring rates, were fitted with adjustable topmounts
antidive kit
front track widened 30mm
rear track 65mm
whiteline rear arb
no front arb
fully caged
all bushes were new Nissan stock bushes other than the antidive kit
suspension settings were not far from Nissan stock but all were slightly radicalised but nothing excessive
8 pot brakes front
braided lines
stock calipers rear with godspeed larger discs (these are going on the rasheen) as that's one thing ive kept

that's about it nothing too drastic at all but by fook did that car handle well
funnily enough the only cars ive seen handling as well as that was glens car which he just stripped
fast guys car and the one I recently bought that had the cusco cage which was eventually stripped, that cars handling was not far short of my first one so was a real shame to have to strip that really Sad

14just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 6th September 2014, 8:04 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

I can see my old pearl car in the background of the red one Very Happy Very Happy Smile Very Happy Cool

15just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 6th September 2014, 8:45 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yep your right aron it is
That was another bloody nice car and damned quick too

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

16just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 6th September 2014, 11:35 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I have to admit I would have never considered increasing track by that much. My suspension really needs a complete overhaul. My spring rates are way to stiff for my liking. Need to get my car back from the tuners first, it's been almost 4 weeks

17just going through some pics Empty Re: just going through some pics 7th September 2014, 7:16 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah as said woody what works for me may not work for someone else but in theory the wider the track and more rubber you have on the track the better the handling will be but it also depends on other factors too such as the suspension your using and the settings you have.
As you say if the springs are too stiff they will not allow the damping to work as it should so in effect it's little different from having solid struts, no movement is bad as it will just cause a tyre to lift thus losing traction
You can alleviate that by left foot braking (as in another thread) this will then allow some traction to be restored due to the fact your transferring weight back on the front which will then give tyre that's slipping some traction

I'm getting right into suspension set ups now and what works and what doesn't, it's actually very interesting once you start to get your head round it

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

Sponsored content