Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TMIC To Turbo Problem

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TMIC To Turbo Problem Empty TMIC To Turbo Problem 9th August 2014, 3:25 pm

Viper911

Viper911

Right, am no mech however the way I see it, TMIC connected to downpipe via rubber connection and then downpipe into turbo area?

Problem I am having is under load the rubber is blowing off (keep puns to yourself lol). Not all the time however after tightening the jub clip, after a few blasts it just blows off.

Now I did notice this morning when it happened that the downpipe can be pushed back and forth, ie towards grill or back towards engine. Obviously the closer to the engine it goes, the better the fit for the rubber.

So, questions, is the downpipe supposed to be able to move? Even to the extent that the connection can blow off? When its connected up the rubber never goes to the marker on the downpipe, tbh its only on the pipe as much as the jub clip is.

Any help appreciated as not knowing whether the rubber is going to blow off is a bit of a nonsense when going for a spin. This may make the decision to a FMIC a bit more easy however lets see

2TMIC To Turbo Problem Empty Re: TMIC To Turbo Problem 9th August 2014, 3:47 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

The metal down pipe should have a black L shaped piece of metal that secures it to the head. If your able to move it then I would say the housing on your turbo could also be loose

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

3TMIC To Turbo Problem Empty Re: TMIC To Turbo Problem 9th August 2014, 4:22 pm

Viper911

Viper911

Kl will have a look when I'm out

4TMIC To Turbo Problem Empty Re: TMIC To Turbo Problem 27th August 2014, 3:10 pm

Viper911

Viper911

Had it at Hypertech and got a laundry list of items to look at lol

On this one, it appears there is no such bracket there. Anyone got one, or know of where to get them?

5TMIC To Turbo Problem Empty Re: TMIC To Turbo Problem 27th August 2014, 5:23 pm

Whytie

Whytie

I'll have one I'll have a look.

How did you rate Hypertech? My cars booked in on Tuesday for alignment, mot and ramap

6TMIC To Turbo Problem Empty Re: TMIC To Turbo Problem 27th August 2014, 5:25 pm

Whytie

Whytie

But as the pulsarmoley said you turbo housing must be loose, I'd tighten that up before you do anything

7TMIC To Turbo Problem Empty Re: TMIC To Turbo Problem 27th August 2014, 5:42 pm

Viper911

Viper911

Yeah apparently the cra housing doesn't look like it's been torqued correctly when tt done turbo, but will have done later, not too urgent the now

Re Hypertech, Duncan is a top guy, I've started using them full time now as I don't trust anyone else, have had it at 3 garages and all were useless, it's a shame he's 30 minutes away but hey ho. Haven't used them for a map yet but the alignment machine is top notch.

8TMIC To Turbo Problem Empty Re: TMIC To Turbo Problem 27th August 2014, 5:54 pm

Whytie

Whytie

Kl good to know, fingers crossed it goes well

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum