Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Caz, pulsar-andy, 3836factory, Geordie ex-gtir owner

+2
GTI-R US
E3 APC
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

E3 APC

E3 APC

So this is the new place to be eh??

My old user names are caz, pulsar-andy from various forums, or my instagram account is @3836factory.

I'm andy from Newcastle, pop up every now and again. The reason this time is a picture my friend and fellow member from years ago Simon aka Si, put up on my Facebook

Caz, pulsar-andy, 3836factory, Geordie ex-gtir owner Tumblr_n9oqasJ8Up1s6ku0jo1_1280

I hold the gtir quite dear to me and this picture sparked a lot of emotions. I reckon it was taken about 15 years and when all three of us where at the start of our journey, we all went onto have a few more each, the final one being a grey pulsar 1.8gti, that I bought, gained parts and panels from the red car above, a gtir engine that once lived in the black car above and moved onto Tonys ownership who really moved the car on, so it was nice the final pulsar had a bit of all three of us in it.

So I'm spending my time on the net looking at gtirs again.

Current project cars are all vw, couple of mk2 golfs and a mk3 gti daily

Andy

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

welcome to the forum andy
cant say I remember you from years back but so many come and go then come back again lol

was the guy tonys username abmunro?

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

E3 APC

E3 APC

GTI-R US wrote:welcome to the forum andy
cant say I remember you from years back but so many come and go then come back again lol

was the guy tonys username abmunro?

Na my mate Tonys user name was simply Tony..
Tony Munro was part of the other pulsar crew in the north east back then. There was 3 of us from one side of the water, and 4 of them from the other side of the water, back in 2000-2004 it was quite comical seeing 6/7 gtir in convoy everywhere late at night! Tony Munro was mates with a couple, steve&jane, they had a red one first then a 400+ bhp dark blue one they bought from a tuner named Alan I think, forget his surname. They pulled a genuine 400bhp at a RR day in 2003 at well lane. Fast guy put pics of it up a few years back, I'll dig it out. They had another Anthony in their group too, known as anth, his car was there that day too.
Jesus so my Anthonies, Tony, tony Munro, and anth.

Caz, pulsar-andy, 3836factory, Geordie ex-gtir owner Tumblr_n9ou7pRazE1s6ku0jo1_1280

Right, fast guy far left, me far right, Steve and Jane next to me, the other two black cars are potentially antes or tony munros cars.

My original gtiroc user name was caz from about 2000/2001. When I bought the last one, the import gti I was on modifiers site as pulsar-andy from 04/05.

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah bit before I started messing with these cars
that's the guy tony munro, I bought my first quaife box off him and a ND engine he was flogging.

I know steve if your on about steve ferguson and also know anth too, very nice lad think he sold a uk sunny (red one) a few months back

youll probably know johnny on here too as well as a fair few others from the ne

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

bring on the geordies wey I man. you found the site then.few good pictures there

E3 APC

E3 APC

GTI-R US wrote:yeah bit before I started messing with these cars
that's the guy tony munro, I bought my first quaife box off him and a ND engine he was flogging.

I know steve if your on about steve ferguson and also know anth too, very nice lad think he sold a uk sunny (red one) a few months back

youll probably know johnny on here too as well as a fair few others from the ne

No this Steve wasn't Steve furguson, Steve furguson came into our lives through my mate Simon, aka SI on gtiroc. Simon had the red one in the picture above, that later got painted silver and had an engine built by Steve. Not long after he got the red one he came back to it one day to find two pairs of legs underneath. Turned out to be Steve and Tom! From there we had bits and peices done on our cars at the original garage location which isn't far from all our houses then. Steven original black race car I'd seen years previous in maybe 98/99. I got my first gtir in 2002 from Steve and part exchanged my replica for it, think a relation of toms got it. I then got my grey gti from Steve in 05. Steve had a red race gtir later on but I never saw that I don't think. I remember being there the day he fitted the carbon prop, 2k!!!

E3 APC

E3 APC

johnny gtir wrote:bring on the geordies wey I man. you found the site then.few good pictures there

Hi mate, feel like I know you but I don't think we've ever met! I may need you to give me a much needed gtir 'fix' soon!!! I havnt sat in a pulsar for 8/9 years!!!

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

The word fix and pulsars go together well. you have seen pictures of both wide arch one is getting mapped before the rally day were all going to on the 20th September hope 350-380. white one will get loved and money spent after that hoping for 450 ish. once either is sorted you welcome to have a blast of either

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Hi & welcome pal

E3 APC

E3 APC

johnny gtir wrote:The word fix and pulsars go together well. you have seen pictures of both wide arch one is getting mapped before the rally day were all going to on the 20th September hope 350-380. white one will get loved and money spent after that hoping for 450 ish. once either is sorted you welcome to have a blast of either

Was thinking that as soon as I typed it. Although I never had any bother with mine. But then I never was daft enough to go over 280  Wink 

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Hi and welcome to the forum ....  Wink 

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Its not so much the power as alot of development and materials have changed. Its the age of the stuff you dont change etc mate 20 year old now. Treat right Still as reliable and hold ther own against alot of moddern cars tho

E3 APC

E3 APC

johnny gtir wrote:Its not so much the power as alot of development and materials have changed. Its the age of the stuff you dont change etc mate 20 year old now. Treat right Still as reliable and hold ther own against alot of moddern cars tho

I was amazed 5 year ago when I thought about getting one again, a standard one, to put away, at the state the bodies are now in. There now getting on for 25. They had rusty Archs 15 years ago but the state of play with rust now is scary. But then the more I've thought about it, when I look at the 1987 mk2 golf in the garage, it's all probably relative in terms of age.

I guess if I ever got another it would all depend on body condition, life left in the mechanicals Vs how much spare expendable cash I had at the time

I have this perfect vision of a standard bodied black car, oem down the early 1990 front amber indicators, lowered heavily on original perfect condition 14" wheels, my nismo gearknob and steering wheel I still have, summer use and days out etc. but I know it's ain't gonna happen without either lots of cash or lots of effort. I bought my mk2 as a non runner project, stripped it to a shell for paint and just know it will end up getting broken, as there is 3k in panels and paint, maybe more.

Finding a good running, usable, taxed and mot'd gtir that's a rolling resto ain't easy these days.

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome to the forum

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum