Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newbie from Bedfordshire

+2
nomad
Mo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Newbie from Bedfordshire 14th July 2014, 6:49 pm

Mo

Hi all!

The name's Morgan and I've come here after calling Bob at gti-r-us about a custom engine for my Almera gti. Looking to build a sleeper with hidden oomph!

Any advice on relevant posts will he gratefully appreciated although I'm not expecting to be spoon fed. I will have a search but I may miss something...

Thanks in advance and speak soon I hope!

Cheers,

M

2Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 14th July 2014, 6:55 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Hi morgan nice to have you along on the site .... any questions or anything you need to know dont be afraid to post it up sure atleast one of us will know ... cheers lieghton

3Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 14th July 2014, 6:59 pm

Mo

Thanks Leighton. I'm actually planning on going to have a look at the pulsar that Bob's got at the moment as it may have all the parts I need. As with any nice setup, it'd be a shame to break it up but... who knows, maybe I'll love it enough to take it complete!

M

4Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 14th July 2014, 7:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Depends on wether you want a front drive or 4wd im sure your love the pulsar  Wink 

5Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 14th July 2014, 7:20 pm

Mo

My thoughts exactly. I have to say that I much prefer the looks of my Almera so I think I'll be settling for front wheel drive. Figuring there will be plenty of bits on Bob's one though. May be 2nd hand parts but all the bits in one place... ? Kind of a no brained. Can always let you guys pick the bones! ;-)

M

6Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 14th July 2014, 7:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah i quite like the look of the almera's i would presume your need all the loom etc .... its been done a few times before so should find abit of info on the net also ...

7Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 14th July 2014, 7:29 pm

Mo

The loom can be spliced as far as I'm aware but these details will be sought. I'm a lapsed member of the Almera owner's club so I'll be back on there if this project has legs, (or wheels!).

Limited slip diff, updated brakes, shocks... the list will be exhaustive but I want to do a proper job. My car owes me absolute nothing so I think I'll treat her right.

8Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 14th July 2014, 7:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Do they run the sr20de engine mate same found in the gti ???

9Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 14th July 2014, 7:41 pm

Mo

Still only a noob so engine numbers are a bit vague for me to be quoting but I know the basic block is the same as the gti-r pulsars. Different engine plugs and extra cooling pipes for oil on the pulsar engine etc. For high bhp then the gti-r plus Turbo is the way to go and the mod is relatively straight forward... so I'm told.

10Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 15th July 2014, 6:41 am

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Hi mo where in Bedfordshire are you from? And welcome to the forum mate

11Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 15th July 2014, 6:44 am

Mo

Near Clifton and Shefford. You close by?

12Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 15th July 2014, 9:59 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Dont tell him mo ..... he only wants to know so he can come and drool over a pulsar as he no longer owns one  Laughing 

13Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 15th July 2014, 10:50 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

welcome to the club mo

theres enough knowledgable people on here to help you through most things youll need to know from ecu probs through to car setup ect
also good to see another project on the horizon
youll be intrigued with what we are planning when you pop down lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

14Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 15th July 2014, 12:26 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Nomad how dare you haha  moonie yes mate i live near elms industrial bedford, there is a guy in shefford with grey pulsar called Matthew.

15Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 15th July 2014, 3:22 pm

Mo

Thanks Nomad but Glenn may be disappointed to learn it's likely to end up being an Almera mod!

Glenn, be good to put me in touch if you know them personally. I don't remember seeing it around but I may have heard it if there's been anything done to it... Lo-o-o-o-o-ong stretches of straight road round there!

16Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 15th July 2014, 6:40 pm

Spicerdude

Spicerdude

Welcome, iv recently joined the site and live in rushden so not to far from yourself.

17Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 15th July 2014, 8:01 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome fella, got any pics?

18Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 15th July 2014, 11:40 pm

Mo

Hey pulsarmoley and Spicerdude,

No pics as yet as I'm in a purely research phase. This research will lead to a decision. This decision will go one of two ways - 1. I realise, "This was a stupid idea. Why would I even consider this to be rationally conceived concept?!", or, 2. I realise, "This would just be way cool to do!"

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to do a hatchet job. I genuinely love my completely standard 99 Almera gti. I've owned it 3 or 4 years now. It owes me nothing and has been a pleasure to drive but she's getting on; showing the scabs of rust through the arches; strange, gently unalarming knocking sound from the back left wheel... That's why I want to treat her right and get it right.

If things progress in the rest of this week I'll keep you up to date. Whether it turns out to be option 1 or 2!

M

19Newbie from Bedfordshire Empty Re: Newbie from Bedfordshire 15th July 2014, 11:44 pm

Mo

*To be a rationally conceived. .. *

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum