Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newbie from Sunderland

+4
Gti-r dannyboy
pulsarmoley
GTI-R US
Jon5698
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Newbie from Sunderland Empty Newbie from Sunderland 13th July 2014, 10:31 am

Jon5698

Hi I don't have a Gtir yet but I am on the look out for a project car to restore, I have wanted one for years since having a go in a friends car, but never got round to buying one. Hopefully find a decent rolling shell and start a build thread :-)

Thanks jon

2Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 13th July 2014, 10:51 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Hi Jon another Geordie lad on the forum

Welcome fella lots n lots of help and advice on here and I may have something in very soon if your wanting a project  Wink 

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 13th July 2014, 11:10 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome to the site

4Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 13th July 2014, 12:59 pm

Gti-r dannyboy

Hi and welcome mate

5Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 13th July 2014, 3:39 pm

Jon5698

Thanks for the welcome, Mackem not Geordie though ;-) I could be very interested mate, let me know what you have.

6Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 13th July 2014, 3:57 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I'm a geordie so is my mother and my dad is a Mackem like you.
Caused some issues over the years

Weird breed Mackem's

7Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 13th July 2014, 4:03 pm

Jon5698

Lmao I bet it did, bet it was fun on match days though.

8Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 13th July 2014, 5:27 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

[quote="GTI-R US"]Hi Jon another Geordie lad on the forum

Like saying you wish you owned a bmw instead of your gtr bob

Geordie he aint mate lol
welcome to the forum if you want any advice etc this is the place to be. good to see another one might be local

9Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 13th July 2014, 5:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum mate ...regardless of where you are from lol ..

10Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 13th July 2014, 8:49 pm

Jon5698

Cheers for the welcome lads, where are you from johnny?

11Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 13th July 2014, 10:06 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

20 mile north of gods country (newcastle) town called morpeth have 3 R's one is standard one wide arch hoping to be around 380 by august and one which i hope will be 400plus soon as wide arch car is mapped up

12Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 14th July 2014, 1:55 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Welcome mate Smile Woooo you have a pulsar friend Johnny Wink

13Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 14th July 2014, 10:19 am

Jon5698

I work in Blaydon ( when I am at the factory ) so not too far away, 3 now that is being greedy ;-) I plan on keeping mine as standard as possible and fully restore it. I have been offered a complete shell just minus running gear, straight and not been in any accidents for £650, does this seem like a fair price? I am still waiting on pictures of it.

14Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 14th July 2014, 11:51 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Colour ???? If its mint then yes .... but the rest to go with it is going to cost you ie engine ...gearbox ... transfer box prop and rear diff ... i guess it all depends on how much is still on it and how deep your pockets are lol ...

15Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 14th July 2014, 12:11 pm

Jon5698

It is black, not sure of the year yet as I am still waiting for the pics, I contacted him on eBay as he was breaking a few of them. This is a long term project which I don't expect to have running for a few years as I am in the middle of renovating my house, so can just buy the parts as and when I have the money.

16Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 14th July 2014, 1:18 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I have a fair few parts and bob aka gtir us is best place to buy as alot of crap and people willing to rip you off. Nothings perfect the cars are 20 year old but no excuse for people sellin shit. Show us pics of the shell normally someone on here knows some of its history

17Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 14th July 2014, 3:59 pm

Jon5698

As soon as I get the pics I will put them up, yeah I would rather get a car from someone reputable like Bob, It is only the first one that I have enquired about and am in no rush.

18Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 14th July 2014, 6:36 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

what condition etc you looking for ? rough price range etc mate ?

19Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 14th July 2014, 7:00 pm

Jon5698

Condition wise as standard and good condition as possible, as for price range not too sure mate, I deffo can't stretch to a running car with a new baby and house to completely renovate hence why I am looking for a rolling shell to start with.

20Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 14th July 2014, 7:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

To be honest i wouldnt worry as far as buying standard or modified as generaly modified means more engine exhaust and so on ... so bodywork normally is pretty standard if its got uprated brakes is more of a bonus as standard arent brilliant .... so if it was me .... id be looking more at a rot free shell over anything else ...

21Newbie from Sunderland Empty Re: Newbie from Sunderland 15th July 2014, 6:30 am

Jon5698

Yeah a rot and crash free shell would be a good starting point, preferebaly I would like to get one that hasn't had a roll cage fitted through the dash, but if a good clean one come up I suppose I could always replace the dash.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum