Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

exhaust question

+3
pulsarmoley
Gl3nnGTIR
fudge
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1exhaust question  Empty exhaust question 8th June 2014, 10:00 am

fudge

fudge

i have a full 3" system on my pulsar at the moment, but it think its really restrictive, and it doesnt crack and pop as much as id like it to, it has two silencers and a back box, has anyone got a straight pipe? or at least a straight through with just a rear box?

2exhaust question  Empty Re: exhaust question 8th June 2014, 12:14 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Best of getting a custom built mate tbh, or cutting silencers out but will obviously make alot louder

3exhaust question  Empty Re: exhaust question 8th June 2014, 12:38 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Mine is a full 3" system with just a backbox, do get the occasional pop but not much. Doubt your system is restrictive unless your running a massive turbo.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

4exhaust question  Empty Re: exhaust question 8th June 2014, 12:51 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Yes thats true mole, a 3" system should not be restrictive

5exhaust question  Empty Re: exhaust question 8th June 2014, 4:22 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Full 3 inch straight from turbo.. Twin back boxes . No pops our bangs from mine

6exhaust question  Empty Re: exhaust question 8th June 2014, 9:51 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

3" side exit infront of rear wheel and two boxes at 300 bhp lots of pops and bangs and any boxes on a 3" system or not are restrictive you think not until you remove them the difference is day and night in my opinion. Tried lots of different boxes and tested them when building my exhausts I would run 1 small box if noise was not a issue

7exhaust question  Empty Re: exhaust question 9th June 2014, 1:37 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

It may be nothing to do with the exhaust why your not hearing any pops, bangs or crackles...

Have you got a mappable ecu? If your ignition timing is a little to advanced on engine over run then the fuel is being burn't "hence no pops or bangs"

This was the case with mine... Then I sent my ecu back to the mapper & he retarded the ignition timing & added abit more fuel on over run, so unburnt fuel hitting a hot turbo/exhaust ignites to put it in simple terms. Now mine sounds like it has anti lag Wink but that's how I asked him to do it.

So this maybe why your not getting any poping & banging, due to advanced ignition timing on over run.

8exhaust question  Empty Re: exhaust question 9th June 2014, 10:20 am

fudge

fudge

Good point gaz ! But no I'm running a stock ecu as far as I know, I was looking at a greddy emanage system as I've run one before I know they're pretty sweet for the cash

9exhaust question  Empty Re: exhaust question 9th June 2014, 11:34 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

try this
on over run lightly put your foot on the accelerator pedal, this will chuck more fuel in when not needed and should crack and pop
or buy a bee r for it

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

10exhaust question  Empty Re: exhaust question 9th June 2014, 12:20 pm

fudge

fudge

yeah it doesnt work bob, i had a go with that a few times, its only done it a couple of times under a hand pull in first gear, bee-r Very Happy those are cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum