Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

V6 clio phase 1

+3
GTIR James
GTI-R US
mightydquinn
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1V6 clio phase 1 Empty V6 clio phase 1 4th June 2014, 9:25 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Hello,
I've been thinking about buying a v6 clio as another car to add to the collection, was looking at phase 1's as they're well cheaper than the phase 2's and seem slightly easier to get hold of.
Anyone know much about these? Good, bad? Any tips!??

Thanks Chris.

2V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 4th June 2014, 9:51 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

You driven one Chris?
I was gonna buy one before I got into pulsars but although they look very nice the handling is far from great
You can easily swap ends with them if you tow it round a corner due to the rear engine and short wheelbase
Also there not very quick, the Clio 172 cup was faster and handled far better
But I do think they will appreciate in value a fair bit as they have become a cult car now with there wacky looks

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 4th June 2014, 9:58 pm

GTIR James

I wouldn't bother. I've been out in a few. They are as bob says very snatchy & not even fast. Clio cup 172 would piss it in my opinion.

4V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 4th June 2014, 10:04 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I haven't pal no. I'm expecting it to drive like a dog to be honest, and know the 172 and the newer ones would eat it for breakfast. Last time I was at Cadwell I took the 197 f1 edition round and it felt so.... So slow compared to the pulsar, (although it handled well!) it was like driving in slow motion, an I'm expecting the same from the v6, just with a better sound! Lol! I've also heard the v6's are easily spun!
I was just thinking it may be a good car to buy, liking rare cars and particularly as you just said then, investment wise, and obviously love the 'wacky' look!
You still all due at Le Mans next week? Were staying at Dover Tuesday night and on a Wednesday morning ferry! Smile

5V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 4th June 2014, 10:25 pm

I quite like them but as bob said the handling can be bad.ride was bad ten years ago or so when I was in one and considering the state the roads are now you'll spend more time in the verge than the road

6V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 4th June 2014, 10:29 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah we're leaving Wednesday Chris and catching the midday ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre
Pm me your number again please as think I've deleted it

7V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 4th June 2014, 10:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I really like the look of them think they really stand out from the crowd but as been said the 172 beats it hands down ...ive been in one that had nos to be honest it was pretty quick  Wink 

8V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 5th June 2014, 7:22 am

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Lol, all sounds like I'll b getting exactly what I'm expecting! I'll hope the value goes the right way then! Smile
I'll PM it now bob, an we'll see you over there! Smile

9V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 5th June 2014, 10:34 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

GTI-R US wrote:Yeah we're leaving Wednesday Chris and catching the midday ferry from Portsmouth to Le Havre

Might come wave you off  ner ner 

10V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 5th June 2014, 11:23 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

you still in hospital or have they released you now?

11V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 6th June 2014, 6:11 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

maybe he is held under the mental health act  Very Happy 

12V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 6th June 2014, 10:41 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Home now boys ..

13V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 6th June 2014, 10:52 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

hows the knee ?

14V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 6th June 2014, 10:56 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Still swollen . And unable to bend it.
Feels so tight when i try and bend it . Like my skin is going to rip

15V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 6th June 2014, 11:01 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

shit sounds nasty when they expecting that to recover to normal working order ?

16V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 7th June 2014, 11:20 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

My dad had a phase 1 v6, he spun it straight away and put it in a bush then sold it because he didn't like it lol

As for the differences between phase 1 and 2 I know the phase 2 has more power, I believe it's 255bhp vs 235 or 225 in the phase 1 and the phase 2 is supposed to be much more usable, apparently the power delivery in the phase 1 will kill you but In the phase 2 they have made the power curve much more usable and I think the car is much tamer in general as the phase 1's were well known for switching ends lol.

As said will defiantly be collectible cars in the future. I had a little play in my 172 cup with a phase 2 v6, there wasn't much in it, I think he was getting off the mark a little quicker because I had fwd and shit tyres lol

17V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 7th June 2014, 12:01 pm

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Yes, that's everything I've heard about them, with lots of good advice, an people saying the same thing, bad handling and appreciating in value...... I've bought one. So long as all goes to plan, picking it up tomorrow on my way home, it's a 2002 phase 1 with 16k miles on it. I'll try not crash it on the way home!! Wink

18V6 clio phase 1 Empty Re: V6 clio phase 1 7th June 2014, 12:05 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Nice one buddy, get some pics up when you collect her.
At that low mileage the car will definitely appreciate in value Wink
I must admit I've always wanted a v6 Clio Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum