Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

nearlly set light to my unit today

+4
johnboy
chopper
nomad
GTI-R US
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1nearlly set light to my unit today Empty nearlly set light to my unit today 11th April 2012, 9:46 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

got in our unit this morning and it was a bit nippy in the office so thought i would turn the fan heater on to warm it up a bit'
after about 5 minutes i could smell something burning but couldnt work out what it was so thought it was just some dust on the heater blower.

2 minutes later the whole fooking plug had melted and caught light affraid
so literally ripped it out the socket. the whole thing has fused together including the socket Shocked

some of the wiring in that place is dreadfull to say the least....virtually all the sockets are run as spurs and not in a ring, think im gonna have to make a not very nice phone call to the agents we rent it off, tbh it should never have been rente out in that state.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2nearlly set light to my unit today Empty Re: nearlly set light to my unit today 11th April 2012, 10:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Bloody hell bob how many spurs is there to overload a circuit to melt a plug it must be an old fuse board the newer types with breakers pop off if you fart let alone pop a fuse in a plug lol .think the max for spurs is 3 .

3nearlly set light to my unit today Empty Re: nearlly set light to my unit today 11th April 2012, 10:25 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

i would say theres 9 or 10 spurs in the place and its the old type fuse board with no circuit breakers

i need to get that lot sorted before we have a major burn up, especially if the welders being used at the same time as one of the lifts and the kettles on lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4nearlly set light to my unit today Empty Re: nearlly set light to my unit today 11th April 2012, 10:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

9 or 10 Shocked that is terrible unplug everything the kettle is the all you need you could run a sneaky extension lead frim nxt door lol

5nearlly set light to my unit today Empty Re: nearlly set light to my unit today 12th April 2012, 7:10 am

chopper

chopper

Bob i assume you let you unit? (my bad if i'm wrong!) It should have an electrical inspection every 5 years so i would ask your land lord for a copy of it and if it hasn't be done get them to do it. If its not done it could effert/void yours and thier insurance.

6nearlly set light to my unit today Empty Re: nearlly set light to my unit today 12th April 2012, 7:12 am

chopper

chopper

the number of spurs is irrelevant if done correctly and up to code. sounds like it should be checked and rewired lol! I would happly quote you for it but by the time i have traveled down would be cheaper to get someone more local.

7nearlly set light to my unit today Empty Re: nearlly set light to my unit today 12th April 2012, 7:26 am

johnboy

johnboy

At least you found out before it all goes up.
I know lots of spurs isn't good but if a plug gets hot then the problem is in the plug or socket, not the spur. Probably full of shit from the workshop so it made a bad connection. Neutral

8nearlly set light to my unit today Empty Re: nearlly set light to my unit today 12th April 2012, 9:35 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Not good Bob. Lucky you noticed it before something more serious happend!

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

9nearlly set light to my unit today Empty Re: nearlly set light to my unit today 12th April 2012, 4:09 pm

wrc

wrc

pmsl.... when you said your 'unit' I was expecting a completely different post.....

10nearlly set light to my unit today Empty Re: nearlly set light to my unit today 12th April 2012, 4:52 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

Good job no one was hurt Shocked ...flipping electrics, the worse thing is getting a electric shock

11nearlly set light to my unit today Empty Re: nearlly set light to my unit today 12th April 2012, 6:50 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Never mentioned last tym the fuse blew in the plug bob or lee used a bit of a 6" nail lol. Your aloud 1 spur from every socket and when i say spur it could be another double socket.a 2.5 ring could have as many as you can fit on 80m of cable it would still pass. Its not a case of that plus if cables are surface and not burried in walls then no rcd is required There is more to it than that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum