Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just nearly over heated :( :(

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just nearly over heated :( :( Empty Just nearly over heated :( :( 3rd May 2014, 2:16 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I've just been for a spirited drive in my R, closely monetering every gauge, with extreme paranoia as I do, except the bloody coolant temperature gauge!!

I didn't even think to look at it but when I pulled up at home I thought it odd the fan wasn't on because it's always on after spirited driving on a sunny day, I looked at my coolant temperature gauge and it was right up about 3 quarters up the gauge, on the line that before the H  affraid  I quickly had a look round under my bonnet and the wire for the fan had come out so I quickly connected it up, started the car, put the heaters on full and ran it for a bit, the temp quickly came back down to under half way so hopefully I haven't caused any damage by overheating it!

It's a good job I run that super expensive millers cfs 10w50 nt oil because if I've ever needed the added protection it gives, today was the day!

I need to stop staring at my AFR, boost and oil pressure gauges and pay more attention to my coolant temp! That could of been a disaster!

2Just nearly over heated :( :( Empty Re: Just nearly over heated :( :( 3rd May 2014, 2:44 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Not like you to have a disaster bill  Shocked 

3Just nearly over heated :( :( Empty Re: Just nearly over heated :( :( 3rd May 2014, 2:48 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Must of been the shock of having all that power back  Razz

4Just nearly over heated :( :( Empty Re: Just nearly over heated :( :( 3rd May 2014, 3:00 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Lol I just hope no damage was done, I'm not sure how long it was over heated for but I wasn't out in her for long so hopefully no real damage was done.

It's just typical, I decide to drive it like I stole it on the same day my fan was not connected up  shit hit the fan  Rolling Eyes lol

It starts up and runs fine though so I don't think it got too hot for too long

5Just nearly over heated :( :( Empty Re: Just nearly over heated :( :( 3rd May 2014, 4:43 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I think you unplugged it to cause an issue so you could make a post up about it.. Post whore

6Just nearly over heated :( :( Empty Re: Just nearly over heated :( :( 3rd May 2014, 6:26 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Very Happy well it's fine now, I just took my mate out and absolutely rallied it down the back lanes and the temp gauge didn't budge from the norm Very Happy

I did notice my oil pressure drop a little under hard cornering, that's something I will keep my eye on but it didn't drop dangerously low or anything.

I need some better brakes though, didn't take long for them to fade and I had a bit of. Brown trousers moment when I stopped and I could see smoke coming from somewhere under the bonnet, I thought it was from the relay box but it was actually coming from the brakes Laughing

I have nevertheless it that hard before and my mate admitted to being afraid Laughing I think I have gained some power back because he drives a Clio 197 which is a lighter car ith 197bhp and he was comment on how fast my car was Smile

Det sensor dosent seem to be playing up as much since Dave tightened it but ever now nd then it will star holding back and limit the boost to 0.5 bar, still haven't bothered to replace that yet Rolling Eyes

7Just nearly over heated :( :( Empty Re: Just nearly over heated :( :( 3rd May 2014, 7:14 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

get it replaced. if its playing up don't want to be boosting then it kick in as retards ign etc. if you were driving at least air would be flowin into rad except intercooler blocks it some what good job you noticed when you pulled up

8Just nearly over heated :( :( Empty Re: Just nearly over heated :( :( 3rd May 2014, 7:22 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Yeah I'm going to get det sensor sorted, I'm just being lazy with it and I need to pull my finger out and get it done.

To be honest I kind of forgot about it because it's been running ok but it det sensor still plays up from time to time so it needs to be done

And yeah it's a good job I went home when I did and noticed it because another few minuets blasting around town in the hot sun could of been a catastrphy

9Just nearly over heated :( :( Empty Re: Just nearly over heated :( :( 3rd May 2014, 7:34 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

standard fans ?

10Just nearly over heated :( :( Empty Re: Just nearly over heated :( :( 3rd May 2014, 7:37 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Yes mate but it's got an after market fan controller installed and the wire for that came out.

Could it be potentially dangerous for the car then if I'm boosting and the det sensor retards the timing and pulls the boost back?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum