Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

iridium or standard

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1iridium or standard Empty iridium or standard 1st May 2014, 6:08 pm

hi everyone another post, i had new bcr8es spark plugs fitted which were gapped at 0.7 and found it not ticking over great slight hisitation... the timing spot on done that the rota and cap are new and the leads are fine. i then tried a set of iridium ngk plugs and found no hesitation and great... only thing is these plugs cost me 40 pounds and dont really want to spend that again... could there be any other reason? or is my gtir being a snob. Laughing 

2iridium or standard Empty Re: iridium or standard 1st May 2014, 6:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im suprised as most people stay clear of the iridum plugs as they can be troublesome ..... have you tested the coil ? The ngk bcr8's are commonly used and cheap ...

3iridium or standard Empty iridium or standard 1st May 2014, 6:26 pm

hi.. thanks for your reply. no the coils not been tested i will check with a meter. i hope it is the coil could save me paying over the top for those plugs. thanks again Very Happy 

4iridium or standard Empty Re: iridium or standard 1st May 2014, 7:29 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

chance you have dropped a plug in when fitting and knocked the gap out ?

5iridium or standard Empty Re: iridium or standard 1st May 2014, 8:27 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

It could well be the plug fella

I've had a few dodgy ones and they were new.
Iridium a are definitely more reliable and last much longer but if you have a bad map and running high boost and they overheat the iridium tips melt and will smash your engine to pieces pebble dashing the head too.

Yet I had 4 plug earth electrodes melt on the copper cored bcr8s  and absolutely no damage at all

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6iridium or standard Empty Re: iridium or standard 1st May 2014, 8:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

My boss 370z used to eat the iridium plugs for no apparent reason used to cost him £36 from nissan per plug .... so in the end he started buying them from the states and would pay 60$ for a whole set of six i believe they are the same plug used in the gtr also ..... in other words if your not in a rush you can probably get them cheaper across the water for the same plug ...

7iridium or standard Empty iridium or standard 2nd May 2014, 5:34 am

thanks for your replies. dont like the sound of the iridium tips melting  Shocked  going to get another set of bcr 8es and try again..cheers guys

8iridium or standard Empty Re: iridium or standard 2nd May 2014, 7:15 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

do you lower them in with a spark plug socket ? sounds daft but I see so many people drop them in then tighten with a socket

9iridium or standard Empty spark plugs 2nd May 2014, 2:17 pm

thanks for the replies. i just got another set of bcr8.s going to fit tommorow and try them. raining at the moment .lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum