Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GTIR engines hide oil!

+2
nomad
Hardy172cup
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GTIR engines hide oil! Empty GTIR engines hide oil! 18th April 2014, 9:50 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Changed my oil today and when I topped it back up it didn't hold as much as I expected but I go it bang on the top mark on the dipstick.

I took the car for a drive to fill up with vpower and noticed my oil pressure was higher than normal, checked the dipstick and it was too high lol

I drained a bit out, still to much, drained a bit more still too much Laughing 3rd time lucky I got it spot on but I'll check again in the morning. It took my fookin ages aswell using this little tiny shitty jack that came out my sister old c2 I think, useless little thing but it did the job lol

When you add the numbers up there must of been some oil left in the car after I drained it out so I haven't actually given it an oil change I've just diluted the old with some new  Rolling Eyes  bloody cars Laughing

2GTIR engines hide oil! Empty Re: GTIR engines hide oil! 18th April 2014, 10:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

When i changed mine the previous owner had put way too much in ... i think its ok to have a bit over the dipstick as it helps it out sure it was bob who said it helps due to the design of engine maybe that was just for track ....

3GTIR engines hide oil! Empty Re: GTIR engines hide oil! 19th April 2014, 3:51 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Lol at the title of this gtir engines hide oil

4GTIR engines hide oil! Empty Re: GTIR engines hide oil! 19th April 2014, 10:09 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah if cars going on track I generally overfill it by about 5mm as it helps keep oil in the pan with harsh cornering, it's better to slightly over fill than under if on a circuit

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5GTIR engines hide oil! Empty Re: GTIR engines hide oil! 19th April 2014, 11:53 pm

boyciegtir325

Pesky engines!

6GTIR engines hide oil! Empty Re: GTIR engines hide oil! 20th April 2014, 6:38 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What makes you say that ?

7GTIR engines hide oil! Empty Re: GTIR engines hide oil! 20th April 2014, 8:51 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

johnny gtir wrote:Lol at the title of this gtir engines hide oil

Lol I swear it's got a little secret stash somewhere Laughing twice now I've filled it to the H mark and then when I check it the next day it's a good 10mm at least over the top.

I think it's like a hamster with the little pouches in its cheeks, it's just saving a little bit for later Razz

8GTIR engines hide oil! Empty Re: GTIR engines hide oil! 20th April 2014, 8:54 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Was more so the boyciegtir325 comment. 
You checking it on a level serface and some say its best to check while engine is warm or hot.
Good to meet you yesterday

9GTIR engines hide oil! Empty Re: GTIR engines hide oil! 20th April 2014, 8:58 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

To be honest I probably was on a bit of an uneven surface and didn't give it enough time to settle or warm it up properly.

Was good to meet you too mate, what power did you car make on the rollers? It looked quick on the way down but I suppose anything would with the power I was running Embarassed lol

10GTIR engines hide oil! Empty Re: GTIR engines hide oil! 20th April 2014, 9:23 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Lol 299.8  and just over 300 lb dont forget the .8 lol very pleased with the power for the spec. Matterless as starting next weekend its getting its new tubby afm injectors etc aiming for 370-80 once sorted

11GTIR engines hide oil! Empty Re: GTIR engines hide oil! 20th April 2014, 9:27 am

buckym120

buckym120

Hopefully it's an easy fix mate

12GTIR engines hide oil! Empty Re: GTIR engines hide oil! 20th April 2014, 9:29 am

buckym120

buckym120

Standard my arse lol

Don't know why they didn't print your first run though Johnny, but going to be one strong engine when you do get the other bits fitted

13GTIR engines hide oil! Empty Re: GTIR engines hide oil! 20th April 2014, 9:33 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Standard with exhaust and 1 bar its amazing how much the exhaust changes the feel of both cars its been on its like day and night. Good to meet you again mate

You just had your turbo back ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum