Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp

+4
Bones
pulsarmoley
Hardy172cup
GTI-R US
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 3rd April 2014, 10:40 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

interesting read

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/newsletters.php?do=showpost&nlid=25&postid=0&utm_medium=email&utm_source=25&userid=39528&userhash=6f30fa3af190b92676b2a75f95edc93a

also don't let a valet park your gtr lol

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/07/valet-plants-nissan-gt-r-upside-down-owner-is-not-happy.html

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 3rd April 2014, 12:02 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Hybrid is the way forward, all that instantaneous torque on tap  Twisted Evil 

3the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 3rd April 2014, 12:18 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I don't think I like the front end on it though, it looks like a honda crz lol but all new cars are funny looking to me lol

4the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 3rd April 2014, 5:40 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Im all for hybrid technology when its for performance and not to please tree huggers Laughing

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

5the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 3rd April 2014, 5:42 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

cant beat the hybrid torque they put out
think a lot of cars will be going this way in near future

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities

6the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 3rd April 2014, 5:43 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

The only downside with this hybrid technology is when the buffer batteries fail they will be extremely expensive

7the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 3rd April 2014, 6:18 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

These will bite back. How many people won't be able to handle that sort of power

8the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 3rd April 2014, 6:19 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I know someone with a toyota prius and had to replace the batterys at the cost of £5500 its not cheap being green lol

9the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 3rd April 2014, 6:38 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Another problem with the "green" cars is they are not very green to produce lol

10the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 1:50 am

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

well said, green cars are not green at all.

They run on electricity but how is most of our electricity made? Usually using some kind of an oil so no point in making an electric car unless the owner has its own little turbine in the garden Very Happy

Another thing is replacing and getting rid of the old batteries ;/

11the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 9:24 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I was quite appalled at the mpgs you get in a Prius, you can get better from a diesel! And the damn things are expensive, plus they are shit

12the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 11:59 am

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

best thing for now is just go LPG Smile if you travel alot and want to save money LPG is a great way Smile instalation for a 4 cylinder is around £500 but you get thismoney back in the matter of two three months Smile

13the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 12:24 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

assuming its fitted and set up properly that is.

ive seen some horror installations in the past which will rapidly decrease engine life

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities

14the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 4:59 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah LPG engines do naturally run warmer, we have them on some of our mowers and golf buggies. The mower engines usually suffer from heat damage to the exhaust valves if I remember correctly.

15the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 5:36 pm

dont know about getting your money back in 3 months with lpg.a mate had a car with lpg he worked out he never got his money back what with increased insurance and losing most of his boot he got rid of the car within a year

16the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 8:04 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

my dads vectra runs lpg and had no problems Smile its up to the individual and how many miles you do Smile

17the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 9:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What sort of miles do you get from a lpg ?

18the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 9:02 pm

Less than a petrol car but it's cheaper to buy the LPG

19the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 9:26 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

its pretty much the same miles i get but its half the price. LPG in my town is about 68 pence a litre Smile

20the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 9:38 pm

It's more up here nearly 80p a litre a few cars I know of running it are about 8-10 miles per gallon less though I know someone with an x5 that was doing more miles per gallon useing LPG
Not sure what the cost of putting the conversion in now is but used to be £2000 plus vat for a quite good set up

21the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 9:54 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

thats not right ;x my mpg is pretty much the same and the instalation cost us over £500 for a four cylinder engine Smile and this is a decent italian make Smile

22the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 10:13 pm

Was yours just done recently?

23the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 4th April 2014, 11:32 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

yeah got it done last year, i know that the price varies on many things such as the engine size, cylinders and what lpg you actually want. the crappy ones are very cheap but the one we've had put in is around £500/600 for a 1.8 4cyl vectra, its not the best lpg installation they have but its quite good and we havent had any problems with it Smile

24the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 5th April 2014, 8:43 am

they have gone down a lot then recently in price it seems
did look into fitting it in the gtir when i had to replace the engine awhile ago.would have never got my money back even the hard sell salesman gave up trying to sell me it after we worked out the details of it

25the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp Empty Re: the new gtr is going hybrid 800hp 5th April 2014, 11:23 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

robd wrote:It's more up here nearly 80p a litre a few cars I know of running it are about 8-10 miles per gallon less though I know someone with an x5 that was doing more miles per gallon useing LPG
Not sure what the cost of putting the conversion in now is but used to be £2000 plus vat for a quite good set up
could not agree more same facts I was thinking about it seems to break easy and look how much its gone up to 86p per litre its as good as doubled in a couple of year wait until more start using it government will hike it up just like they did when they suggested everybody bought diesel vehicles more miles to gallon cheaper than petrol then hiked price right up. I personally know a few taxi drivers and couple lads had it and it broke after relatively short time

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum