Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forum Changes

+6
Stu
nomad
Bones
Hardy172cup
Scooby_killer
GTI-R US
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Forum Changes Empty Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 10:36 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

right guys theres going to be a few changes on the forum soon as some things clearly aren't  as succesfull as we would have thought or hoped for.

First change is the facebook page will be taken down, weve already done this yesterday so in 14 days it will expire and be no more

Second change is the paid ads section on the forum will be abolished as from end of this week as its clearly not working with regard to funding for the club.
Weve managed to get £400 in club funds over the past year, and half of that i have put in the kitty,so theres been around £150 raised through sale of parts and cars and the rest in club merchandise. This isn't enough to give any substantial discounts to events so its not worth the aggro.

We will purchase a club banner out of some of the money raised. £100 of it will go towards the rr day by us making a donation to cancer research and the rest will remain in the kitty to partially subsidise a trackday or event at some time this year, so you can decide what you would like this money used for!!!
Its a shame it never really worked as we kept the ad costs lower than that of ebay etc and a majority of parts did always sell so thought it was a cheap way of advertising with a ready made audience. this would have been of benefit to everyone in the long run but nothing ventured nothing gained as the saying goes.

So from next week all ads will be free but you must have made at least 100 posts to advertise parts / cars, absolutely no traders or people selling huge volumes of parts, the traders already have there section on forum and they are by invite only.
We will monitor the section on a daily basis to try stop this section ending up a free for all as it can ruin a forum in no time.
All sales are strictly between you and buyer and we don't want to see stuff pasted on the forum that so and so did this and i got that etc, if you have a problem then drop a pm to one of the mods or admin and we will endeavour to help out.

We will still be carrying out all the usual meets, events and so forth as they have been hugely sucessfull as a whole and that's what this forums main aim was when we kicked it off, they just wont be subsidised by the club.

That's all folks  british

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 3:38 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

I think the free parts posting is the way forward bob as I realised people were using different forums for posting the parts for sale as it's free there
Changing it to free is a great idea as you will see more people selling on here rather them going eles where

3Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 4:02 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I think it would be a good idea to have a little donations section at the bottom of the page so if anybody wants to make a little donation towards the club they can.

Unless your going to abolish the whole club kitty thing but if not I think the donations idea may be a good think, even if people donate a few pence from time to time it all adds up Smile

4Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 4:18 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I'd like a gold members room that was say£20 a year fee and for that you got maybe 1st dibs on parts etc from other gold members( BOB) and a 5 star rating . I will get those stars lol but serious about a privalage room

5Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 4:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol i can always start you with minus 3 stars darren  Laughing 
paid membership isnt something id be in favour of doing it causes a divide in a forum ...

Last edited by nomad on 2nd April 2014, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

6Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 4:42 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Ye maybe yr right this time Leighton. Even a blind dog finds the occasional bone lol

7Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 5:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How dare you bring my girlfriend into this  Laughing 

8Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 6:22 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

^^^^ haha listen to you to bickering Smile

Hopefully the new rules will make the place even better than what it is Smile
Should get some talking amongst themselves Atleast lol

I'm sure if you bring cakes to the rolling road day, Leighton can be bribed into giving some stars away Laughing

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

9Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 6:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Il tell you what ......heres your chance darren for a bonus star .....il give a extra star to the person who donates the biggest amount to charity on the day ....cant say fairer than that .....bearing in mind its a 1000 posts for a star  Wink 

10Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 6:34 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Costs me £30 a year for my Mitsubishi lancer register membership
Id happily be a paid member.

11Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 6:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

But what do you get for that rob ?

12Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 6:48 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I know this might sound tight but I wouldn't want to pay for membership.
I know it wouldn't be a huge amount but when you start adding up all the other things I have to pay for on an annul basis it's just another expense I could do without and I wouldn't want to be left out from the club just because I can't really afford paid membership.
I could afford it but it's something I really wouldn't want to pay for.
It would be a shame to leave those out that don't want to have to pay, I think owning a GTIR in itself should be enough to be a full member of the forum

13Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 6:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

This is my point bill ..... it causes a divide in the forum .... it makes extra work for me lol .... plus i think alot of paid forum is a con you get maybe a calender keychain nic naks ....little extra section on the forum to feel superior about ....there is so much free info on the internet why would you pay .....
not dissing you rob as thats your choice .... or is it im just a tight git lol

14Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 6:58 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

ok bob!!  drink 

15Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 7:00 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Ye maybe we are just tight gits, I know £20-£30 is nothing to some but to me it's money I would rather have in my pocket.

Like I say add up all the little things you have to pay for anyway like tax and insurance, phone bills and tv etc it all ads up lol and that £30 added on top sudenly becomes a noticeable expense you could do with out

16Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 7:01 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yep don't worry this will never be a paid membership forum

Creates to much of a divide which is something we don't think is fair, I've been on a few paid forums and you always get the impression that the paid members are a cut above the rest as they get special deals and so forth, different if it's a Lamborghini oc or something like that but a majority of people running these cars are doing so on a budget so it's unfair to discriminate them unless your name is Dave of course  Laughing 

17Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 7:02 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Ah AH!!!

18Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 7:03 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

We are yet to agree on a fixed annual price for dave  Wink 

19Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 9:19 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Mlr membership gives discount at club track days , discount at club rr days , the ability to reply to the for sale adverts ,
the ability to send private messages ,
Discounts with mlr sponsored traders ,
Load of stickers , monthly magazine , membership card ,
Insurance discounts

You can view the for sale adverts when your not a member but can't reply till you've paid up.

20Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 9:54 pm

Some good changes to the club I for one wasn't happy with membership fees on other clubs as tbh you got jack shit for it,

So how much is my fee you funny fuckers.?

I think there is a new member to my ban list.........

21Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 10:02 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Still love that list Dave

22Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 10:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Phew ive evaded that ban list again ...... mr lucky or what  Laughing 

23Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 10:07 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Your fee is to clean my car

With your tongue  Razz 

24Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 10:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Pevert.... Laughing 

25Forum Changes Empty Re: Forum Changes 2nd April 2014, 10:11 pm

Lucky this time Leighton....there is a new list on the way for the members that give me RESPECT me Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum