Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not running very well

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not running very well Empty Not running very well 16th March 2014, 7:07 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Ok I got the car out the garage for the 1st time in 6 months and she started up first time. However it will run perfectly for about 30 seconds the slowly cut out so I'm thinking there's only about a gallon of petrol in it that's about 6 months old so I'm hoping it's that. Has anyone had any similar going on's after being stored up for awhile?

2Not running very well Empty Re: Not running very well 16th March 2014, 7:27 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I dont think its that uncommon for the fuel to go stale and run really bad ...

3Not running very well Empty Re: Not running very well 16th March 2014, 7:45 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Petrol starts to go stale at around 4 weeks so at 6 months it may have started to go waxy. Get some fresh in there with a fuel system cleaner. We put a fuel preservative in the tanks of machines we service at work as most of the time they are coming in for their winter service and wont be used for 3 months.

4Not running very well Empty Re: Not running very well 21st March 2014, 9:34 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

What a tit. Turns out to get access to connect my broken break pipe fixed I had pulled the pipe off the dump valve and not re connected it derrrrrr

5Not running very well Empty Re: Not running very well 21st March 2014, 9:39 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Lol you sound nearly as bad as me, I have to double, triple and quadruple check things because I always forget to tighten something up lol
Your wideband will come in handy for stuff like that mate because you would see the air fuel ratio would be off Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum