Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hate relying on others

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hate relying on others Empty Hate relying on others 12th March 2014, 9:20 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Is it just my luck. Car went for exhaust mods 6 weeks ago was ment to take 2 weekends. Made me miss my own personal targets to get car mot and mapped and back on the road. Work for myself takes alot of my time.Money is never great my end. Changed my plans just to stick a standard tubby on for now to use the car struggling to get one of those now.

2Hate relying on others Empty Re: Hate relying on others 12th March 2014, 9:43 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Where you sent your car for the exhaust  to be done  fella ?..... i know how you feel work takes most of my time too ...

3Hate relying on others Empty Re: Hate relying on others 12th March 2014, 10:08 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Same place as always local lad very good at what he dose. Just piss take he had another vehicle in and out full system last weekend. Exhausts are just a part of his welding and fabrication plus he has family/home commitments just i gave him alot of work in the past so has had alot of my hard earned cash. I know the trouble i have gave him lots of odds n ends so to speak to do but no good if he just wants the big jobs off me not as if i am complaining of cost i know the money is in the big stuff and the small stuff takes time and not massive money but as in any job you take the cush with the bad as i do at work or loose the custom

4Hate relying on others Empty Re: Hate relying on others 12th March 2014, 10:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats it mate same thing .... you have to do whatever comes along  good or bad  its all money at the end of the day .... what did you go for .... 3"inch right through ?

5Hate relying on others Empty Re: Hate relying on others 13th March 2014, 7:19 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

No 3 inch side exit with optional bolt on db killer and adjustable vale to keep the estate happy at stupid o clock in the morning and could be used on a static noise test at track. When i get it mapped there are 4 maps so if the db killer needs its own map i will have the option
Exit in front of rear wheel not front exit

6Hate relying on others Empty Re: Hate relying on others 14th March 2014, 8:03 pm

you wanting a standard turbo just to get the car up and running or are you going to run the car with standard turbo?

7Hate relying on others Empty Re: Hate relying on others 14th March 2014, 8:18 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

the one that is on is smoking, set myself realistic time scales and still fail to meet them due to this time exhaust builder.my plans change daily but thinking standard turbo (one that dose not smoke) to get car mot and run about until I do a few other bits to get the car ready for mapping.

answer run the car a month two max I hope then fit my good tubby which needs mapped soon as fitted

Last edited by johnny gtir on 14th March 2014, 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Hate relying on others Empty Re: Hate relying on others 14th March 2014, 8:20 pm

its unlikely ill be putting my car back on the road for awhile
if you needed you could borrow my turbo for awhile

9Hate relying on others Empty Re: Hate relying on others 14th March 2014, 8:24 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I have sorted one but massive thanks for the offer rob likewise when you do start on yours if you need a hand or any parts just yell

10Hate relying on others Empty Re: Hate relying on others 14th March 2014, 8:39 pm

need to find a cheap lock up or big garage first really.with the grey car ive got and a car i bought in 2000 that im using for ocassional spares ive enough parts to build a totally standard original car

11Hate relying on others Empty Re: Hate relying on others 15th March 2014, 7:27 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Thats like me mate unit/ lock up but its finding a secure one not to much travel and where your not spending all your hard earned money that could be spent on parts etc needed

12Hate relying on others Empty Re: Hate relying on others 15th March 2014, 9:51 am

i know one thats up for rent but its too expensive

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum