Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Torque settings

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Torque settings Empty Torque settings 27th January 2014, 4:27 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Dous anyone know the torque settings for the rockor cover? Thankyou please  Very Happy 

2Torque settings Empty Re: Torque settings 27th January 2014, 4:43 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Tbh gaz id just do them up till they are tight and a slight nip the rocker cover doesn't have any strain on it

3Torque settings Empty Re: Torque settings 27th January 2014, 4:47 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

All the nuts were cross threaded & just spinning, so I got a screwdriver under them & lifted them as I was undoing them, got them all off but didn't want to overtighten the new nuts so just thought there may have been a torque setting for them?

But yeh ill nip them up & then give them a quarter of a turn if that's the case Smile

4Torque settings Empty Re: Torque settings 27th January 2014, 4:48 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep as above
there are no torque settings for things with rubber gaskets, just nip them up lightly so gasket makes a seal and if it leaks a bit lightly nip them up a bit more then leave it

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5Torque settings Empty Re: Torque settings 27th January 2014, 4:49 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ok doke will do thanks Smile

6Torque settings Empty Re: Torque settings 27th January 2014, 4:54 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Well I have finally been of some use Very Happy

7Torque settings Empty Re: Torque settings 27th January 2014, 4:55 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

richpulsar wrote:Well I have finally been of some use Very Happy

Laughing  all help is welcome lol

8Torque settings Empty Re: Torque settings 27th January 2014, 5:00 pm

richpulsar

richpulsar

Yea I know I'v asked for enough help over the last 2 years that I'v had my car and its 2 years today I'v owned mine Very Happy

9Torque settings Empty Re: Torque settings 29th January 2014, 2:36 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Also I read somewhere once that when fitting rocker gasket, you should put some sealent around 1 of the D blocks on the gasket as it can leak from there? Is this true & am I right in thinking its the 1 on the righthand side near the dizzy?

And what is the best way to hold the plug seals in place so they don't fall out when you place the rocker cover back on?

10Torque settings Empty Re: Torque settings 29th January 2014, 7:53 am

johnboy

johnboy

I always put a bit of silicon rubber gasket stuff in all the D blocks and over the top of the dizzzy and a little grease to hold in the plug seals. Does the job.  Smile 

11Torque settings Empty Re: Torque settings 29th January 2014, 3:07 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

johnboy wrote:
I always put a bit of silicon rubber gasket stuff in all the D blocks and over the top of the dizzzy and a little grease to hold in the plug seals. Does the job.  Smile 

Cheers johnboy Smile

12Torque settings Empty Re: Torque settings 30th January 2014, 11:04 pm

splmum

splmum

Here is the 'official' method for this

http://www.gtirworkshopmanual.com/default.aspx?v=213

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum