Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

4wd polo r

+6
BEBB GTIR
GTI-R US
Concrete-GTIR
fred05
watoga
nomad
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

14wd polo r  Empty 4wd polo r 23rd January 2014, 10:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Any one heard of the new vw  polo r  
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29260

24wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 23rd January 2014, 10:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Think it could be quite a contender in the hot hatch market ...

34wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 9:55 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

I do like the cars, but I simply cannot cheer for them in WRC events. They are obviously technically very good, but I don't find the same attraction to them as I did for the Imprezas, Evos, and even C4s. Still, could be a good hot hatch for the road, but would I really want a Polo????? Not so sure..........

Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

44wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 10:36 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

I saw WRC ones at the Monte carlo Rallye wich where in my town....so Beasty cars!!!

I love the ford fiesta R5 too...love them, if i had any big money to put in a car i will definately take one of these....any idea about a R5 fiesta price?

54wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 10:39 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

do quite like that but it doesnt leap out at me looks wise

Last edited by Concrete-GTIR on 24th January 2014, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

64wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 12:37 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Sleep boring, drab

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

74wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 2:05 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

i said a few months ago about the polo R but this one doesn't stand out you need the wrc livery and bodykit then it looks the dogs bollocks  Twisted Evil 

84wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 2:24 pm

Looks too much like a golf really

94wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 2:47 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Problem with the current hot VW hatches is the realy don't seem very exiting, don't get me wrong technically they are brilliant cars but they just aren't brutal and crazy enough to have any serious fun in them.

It's like the golf R32's, brilliant cars, look good, fast and drive well but just don't cut it for me, there's a certain amount of lunacy a car needs to realy appeal to me and for some reason VW are just too soft for me

104wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 2:49 pm

Yes I agree like the build quality of them but wouldn't want to own one

114wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 3:06 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Never realy been into VW's, theyve never been a fun car to drive... Its all a scene front with VW's imo.

Big blingy wheels, sat on air bags, all smoothed & debadged, silly offset cambered wheels etc...
& then they go & put "built not bought" sticker on them  Laughing 

That's not tuning a car in my eyes, its just all about looks with VW's

So id imagaine this new 4x4 polo will just be another VW to put make up on with no actual performance or excitement behind it!  Suspect 

124wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 3:08 pm

A lot depends on where the 4x4 system is coming from too may just be another Audi in disguise

134wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 3:13 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

i like vw's and jap cars, i think with vw's as said its all about looks and how clean it is. its more about tunin with jap cars for example pulsars you dont really change the way they look much do you obviosuly there are some exceptions but generally we stick to the same looks over all. Its more about the engine/handling etc this is why i like both

144wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 3:13 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

theres no doubting the german build quality all vag cars as well as bmw are exceptionally well bolted together and can take severe abuse but they are all so drab and bland looking, everything about them is boring imo that's one reason why ive never ever felt compelled to own one.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

154wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 3:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I agree with most of the above its pretty boring ... but i think there could be potentioal with a bit of tuning for a quick car ..... it seems to me the car companies are finally getting of there arses and started bringing back  some sporty hot hatches .

164wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 6:40 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I quite like it but it doesn't stand out. Fed up of modern little hatches as they don't stand out from the bigger models in the range; polo-golf, Ibiza-leon etc These little hatches used to be separate as they typically didn't have a bigger engine than 1600cc and the bigger models would be 2litre+

174wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 24th January 2014, 7:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It should be intresting to see what the  other companies hit back with to compete ..... so could see some future classics ....

184wd polo r  Empty Re: 4wd polo r 25th January 2014, 11:51 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

By that pole we did a while back most of us wont fit in one anyway so there out lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum