Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;)

+2
nomad
Gaz GTiR
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 19th January 2014, 10:09 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Well just had a bet with a few mates on how much we could insure a R35 GTR for... So we all just used money supermarket for quotes... I know they put a percentage on for themselves on comparison sights & would never use them if I was insureing a car... Id ring insurance companys direct for quotes!

But this was just to get a ball park figure... Anyway I used your reg Bob Wink hope you don't mind... It was only me who used it, I didn't pass it round Wink

Anyway my mates txt back getting quotes between £2500 & £9000 for 1 lad  Shocked 

So my cheapest quote came back at £732  Laughing   Laughing   Laughing 

£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 93691AA7-F3AC-4A02-8C6F-54ED9BE1A474_zpsatwieih2

My god I must be getting old Sad

Anyway time to get saving for my new motor Wink

2£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 19th January 2014, 10:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol was that with all mods declared .... i dont think even bob gets it that cheap  Wink

3£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 19th January 2014, 10:14 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

You mean to say you've been driving round in Bobs gtr without insurance Shocked Laughing

4£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 19th January 2014, 10:14 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

No put it in as standard Wink haha

5£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 19th January 2014, 10:16 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

pulsarmoley wrote:You mean to say you've been driving round in Bobs gtr without insurance Shocked Laughing

I was a named driver on Bobs policy Wink

6£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 20th January 2014, 11:21 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

im paying double that and im an old booger  Shocked 

it puts the policy up a lot though with mods declared as I can insure a standard power one for about the same money but soon as you start mentioning stage 4 mods etc its a whole different ball game
the dearest quote I had was £2800 but baring in mind ive never insured a car for years on a normal policy as all my no claims bonus is on my traders policy so kind of ditched out really

at the moment this year im paying £1400 with cci but that also covers me for 5 trackdays including 2 euro trackdays so not too bad really considering that cover for just one would cost you over £200 if booked separately

now give it back please gareth or im gonna have to send George up to come reposess it lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 20th January 2014, 3:40 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yeh I can imagaine it go's up a lot once mods are mentioned & that quote I got online would prob cover me for sweet FA in theory, It was a fully comp quote but id imagine if I took it out they would ring & ask a load of questions & put the price up  Rolling Eyes 

But seen as your insuance at the min covers you for 5 track days & 2 euro, isn't bad atall because if there covering you for track then id imagine your coverd for everything that could go wrong on the road Smile

Ohhh noooo Not Gourgeas George Wink haha

8£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 20th January 2014, 4:18 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

my boss insures his r8 for around 1200 and he is only 26, i was paying more for a honda a few years back

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

9£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 20th January 2014, 7:46 pm

Gaz ring one central and see what they say...... I was going to insure the Evo with them as they came back with £230 for it so I gave them a call an after 15mins they said they would insure it for £1600 Erm no thanks.

10£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 20th January 2014, 8:05 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

yeh that's my point above Dave... Different story once they get you to take the policy out & add things on with there big list of reasons  Rolling Eyes 

11£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 20th January 2014, 8:20 pm

Yeah I didn't read all the posts lol

12£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 20th January 2014, 10:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats insurance companys for you ive done loads of quotes over the net and you think awesome i never thought it would be that cheap ring them up and bam the qoute suddenly becomes double robbing fookers  Laughing

13£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 20th January 2014, 10:44 pm

How do you go about setting an insurance company up??

It's one of the things I have always wanted to look in too

14£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 20th January 2014, 10:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

you would have to register with FSA financial services as all general insurance is now regulated then you can start flogging out policies  Wink

15£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 20th January 2014, 10:56 pm

Is that about all you need then? I might give it a go lol

16£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 20th January 2014, 11:05 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

There is quite abit more depends on what  sector you want to be in less complex im led to believe is a broker as your only a third party /front man for actual insurance companys ....

17£732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) Empty Re: £732 for me to insure Bobs GTR ;) 21st January 2014, 7:19 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I think if you want to start yr own insurance company you have to be able to show you have ex amount of millions on hand to pay out just in case. Not that they ever do lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum