Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter

+2
GTI-R US
gtir.chef
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Empty garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter 12th December 2013, 12:34 am

gtir.chef

Hi lads to my horror, my main feed into my main oil feed into my turbo has been cut and the pipe from my engine is not on fully.
has any one got the time to find a link which i cant find i may add im rubbish ....

my turbo is the one in the link and the part looks like it has two bolts on each side of the pipe neck which is the middle if that makes sense.....

if you ever blocked of your fuel rail it looks like that part but bigger of course...

if you know your stuff you know what i mean some plonker cut this for some reason dont want all the oil coming out the car lol

thank you again
keep up the good work

chef

2garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Empty Re: garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter 12th December 2013, 12:42 am

gtir.chef

ok sorry but its a garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed flange but all im finding is ebay and some are different so im confused which does not take much.
any help would go a long way...

3garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Empty Re: garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter 12th December 2013, 10:53 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

is it not the metal bent oil return pipe you need which goes to the block looking from underside of car?
if so I think I have one left

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Empty Re: garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter 12th December 2013, 9:27 pm

gtir.chef

yes m8 im sure it is the pipe is about 3/4 inc .
will get in touch Bob if thats ok with you..

5garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Empty Re: garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter 22nd March 2014, 9:03 pm

simigeri

simigeri

Anybody can put a picture abuot the gtir engine and the 2871r drain connection?
Strange part of the installation, I have no idea.

6garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Empty Re: garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter 22nd March 2014, 11:26 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter MCi4KBuvFnMzxzguGLClu1A

7garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Empty Re: garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter 23rd March 2014, 12:25 am

simigeri

simigeri

I don't want a braided line or fittings with tread.
I prefer a factory solution, or similar, but the genuine drain flange is different, so I can't use it.

Nomad, maybe you can make it Smile
fore example like these (but these are for SX, I think):

garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=po_F5JhsNVDPVM&tbnid=6bz5rK0XK6aXoM:&ved=0CAUQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.frsport.com%2Fimages%2Fdetailed_images%2FFRSport_T28Drain_1

garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=XCKNu_Djn6y_1M&tbnid=WMfkPcG4aTUVdM:&ved=0CAUQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.frsport.com%2Fimages%2Fdetailed_images%2FFRSport_T28Drain_2

8garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Empty Re: garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter 23rd March 2014, 9:08 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

If the 71R is the same as the 60R then just drill the holes wider on the flange.

9garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Empty Re: garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter 23rd March 2014, 9:14 am

GTIR James

BEBB GTIR wrote:If the 71R is the same as the 60R then just drill the holes wider on the flange.

Agree with Bebb. Just drill the locating bolts out slightly bigger to give the angle you need.

10garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Empty Re: garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter 30th April 2014, 11:21 pm

simigeri

simigeri

Before I started changing my genuine turbo to the 2871, I bought an oil restrictor banjo, as recommended.
During the swap I noticed, the factory banjo is also a restrictor type, around 1mm ID.

Can I use the factory one? Any diff?

And all the ball bearing turbos, as the 2871 has a loud noise (2-3 sec) when I stop the engine, or just mine is faulty?

11garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter Empty Re: garrett 2871R Turbo oil feed adapter 30th April 2014, 11:24 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yes that's fine
And the BB turbos will spin on after shutdown that's perfectly normal

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

simigeri

simigeri

OK, I know it spin a littlebit. But should it be so noisy? Sounds like a wrong and dry wheel bearing.

And what's about the oil feed restrictor?

simigeri

simigeri

Here's the actual install.
Pump up the volume: https://youtu.be/o45EULfwAGs

simigeri

simigeri

Seems that all of the Garrett ball bearing turbos have a same noise at spool down.

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah i seen quite a few that seem to go on for ages after the engine is turned off ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum