Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

more pc help needed

+2
fred05
GTI-R US
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1more pc help needed Empty more pc help needed 10th December 2013, 4:39 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

need a bit of help clever pc people
tried logging onto the forum last night on my laptop at home and it lets me log onto the forum fine and scroll down through different threads but soon as I click on a post it locks up the pc and states something like 'script errors' spent hours last night trying to sort it but to no avail  scratch 

my phone logs on the forum fine as does my work pc so its just the laptop
ive run scan disc and mcafee full scan and no viruses or anything, its only doing it with this forum

any ideas chaps???

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2more pc help needed Empty Re: more pc help needed 10th December 2013, 4:52 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

just reboot it, sometimes it helps!!
did you get any software update or things like that?

3more pc help needed Empty Re: more pc help needed 10th December 2013, 4:56 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah tried rebooting it at a few days earlier to the problem but its still there
don't really want to reboot the whole thing or il lose all the po... I mean info ive got stashed on it  Laughing 

4more pc help needed Empty Re: more pc help needed 10th December 2013, 5:12 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Have you removed all cookies (or just for your forum) from your pc/ laptop's internet settings?

5more pc help needed Empty Re: more pc help needed 10th December 2013, 5:23 pm

buckym120

buckym120

As above clear cookies and browser history (internet options)

6more pc help needed Empty Re: more pc help needed 10th December 2013, 5:36 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

i'm sure it's all the virus you got on kinky websites....ah ah Razz Razz pig 

7more pc help needed Empty Re: more pc help needed 10th December 2013, 5:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What script error message do you get bob ?

8more pc help needed Empty Re: more pc help needed 11th December 2013, 1:07 pm

stevepudney

Mcafee is shit get it off your system and install Microsoft security solutions. Your problem could be directly related to mcafee.
It's probably only local to the browser your using but to clean your system up In this order Remove mcafee with this removal tool..mcafee removal tool ....
Once mcafee is gone, download and use Malwarebytes and run a quick scan, then download and use ....CCleaner....and cleanup your browser history.
Then download and install Microsoft security solutions....MSE......then using MSE run a quick scan, then reboot and try again.

If all else fails use a different browser.

Steve

9more pc help needed Empty Re: more pc help needed 11th December 2013, 2:35 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

cheers for all the help guys, and il bin mcafee and try mse as you've said above steve

I solved the prob last night after spending the whole evening on the damned thing and I ended up using windows explorer 11 which seems to have solved it

prior to that I had cleared all cache of cookies and ran crap cleaner but nope it was still doing the same thing and coming up with 'severe script error' in a yellow taskbar and freezing the pc as soon as I clicked on a post in a thread.
think sometimes im just lucky and hit on the right thing because if im honest I haven't really got a clue what im doing but always seem to get there in the end lol

so will try above and see how it goes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum