Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Up rated valve springs

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Up rated valve springs Empty Up rated valve springs 20th November 2013, 8:34 am

sy84

Hi guys in pretty much finished with putting my engine back together but i have used standard valve springs......is this goin to be a problem I have his cams and looking to run 400-430bhp?Smile 

2Up rated valve springs Empty Re: Up rated valve springs 20th November 2013, 10:51 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

HKS cams (264) only have around 11mm lift if I remember correctly, so you probably won't need uprated valve springs. I think once you start getting into 12+mm lift then you need heavy-duty springs, although someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Are you keeping the RPM limit standard?

Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

3Up rated valve springs Empty Re: Up rated valve springs 20th November 2013, 11:55 am

sy84

To be honest it's been so long since the car was mapped and I drove it ,due to major engine failure it's been stood best part of a year.its a fast road car so wasn't gona get the rev limit set to high as don't want it goin bang on me again

4Up rated valve springs Empty Re: Up rated valve springs 27th November 2013, 6:07 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

good standard springs and retainers are fine as above post
ideally check spring height to make sure they fall within spec

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum