Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stage 1 Hybrid Turbo. Much Better Than Standard?

+2
Gaz GTiR
Viper911
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Viper911

Viper911

Hey all

Got call back from Turbo Technics guy and everything barring the actuator is being replaced lol

Tho he did say its a Stage 1 Hybrid as opposed to a standard turbo which I thought it was.

Whats the benefits for that over the standard?

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I think its just a 360 degree baring instead of the standard 270 degree

Viper911

Viper911

Ah well, will sound better when I come to sell it. Job has went tits up so having to get rid of a few luxuries. The wife is looking for a bigger car for the dogs and says I can have hers for getting me to whatever job I find (training to be a trucker).

Shes currently got a Chevy Matiz..................auto fukn matic, bit of a letdown lol

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Turbo Technics always have a habit of phoning & stating everything shot & bill is the max :-S better & cheaper rebuilds & upgrades are available if shop about ...

Viper911

Viper911

Tbh u should have seen the nick of it when it went down lol, I'm not surprised about the feedback tbh

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep I knew it was a stage 1 hybrid as was fitted to engine at the time.

wont get no more power from it really but they are more durable when running higher boost
eg at 1.4 bar turbo will last a lot longer than one with a stock journal bearing

pity you've got to sell up but that's life I guess

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Viper911

Viper911

Gonna see if I can keep it but depends on job situation, aim to have licence for Xmas time so start work hopefully turn of year, even if it's agency work so depends how much of the savings ae gone before then lol

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

How much has it cost ya .. Need mine rebuilding

Viper911

Viper911

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

not cheaper buying a tubby from bob or did it need extra work? 400 aint too bad tbh

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

Viper911

Viper911

Everything is going to be replaced barring the actuator, plus it comes with a guarantee

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum