Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not going into first gear

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not going into first gear Empty Not going into first gear 1st October 2013, 9:08 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Ive noticed this a few times now when am driving and come to a stop it sometimes won't go into first gear but most of the time it's fine and selects first gear it just happens now and again there's no crunching at all what can I check to eliminate things hope its not the gearbox

2Not going into first gear Empty Re: Not going into first gear 1st October 2013, 9:49 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

how far from floor is the biting point on clutch pedal
more or less than 1'' ?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Not going into first gear Empty Re: Not going into first gear 2nd October 2013, 12:24 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Just been out to my car the biting point seem ok about 1 1/2 inch from floor, had a look under bonnet to make sure slave cylinder no leaking seems all ok
1 thing I did notice when checking clutch fluid was the colour of it was brown dose that seem right the level of the fluid was ok

4Not going into first gear Empty Re: Not going into first gear 2nd October 2013, 1:36 pm

scottyboy

Clutch fluid should be pretty clear as its break fluid it uses maybe work draining and adding fresh fluidd and bleeding the clutch and see if that's any better

5Not going into first gear Empty Re: Not going into first gear 2nd October 2013, 2:15 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes it may well be contaminated.
buy some dot 4 fluid and drain the old fluid out completely and refill and bleed it, then see how you get on

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6Not going into first gear Empty Re: Not going into first gear 2nd October 2013, 3:20 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Thanks guys will try that where best place to drain all the clutch fluid from
Or shall I undo the slave cylinder nipple and drain from there while toping up with new fluid until clear fluid comes through

7Not going into first gear Empty Re: Not going into first gear 2nd October 2013, 5:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats how i did mine from the slave cylinder nipple then kept topping it up until the new fluid come through .

8Not going into first gear Empty Re: Not going into first gear 2nd October 2013, 6:35 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Great guys that's a job for the weekend then

9Not going into first gear Empty Re: Not going into first gear 31st October 2013, 9:29 pm

not_as_good_as_you

Mine came out black the other weekend, had a few problems with the clutch / gearbox before flushing and now with a slight adjustment of the pedal everything is sweet as a nut!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum