Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What spark plugs to use?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What spark plugs to use? Empty What spark plugs to use? 24th September 2013, 11:56 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Just wondering what plugs and heat range I should use in my R?

I have heard that the iridium tipped plugs are not worth bothering with but then other sware by them lol

My engine is standard and running 1 bar of boost

Also what should the plugs be gapped to?

2What spark plugs to use? Empty Re: What spark plugs to use? 25th September 2013, 1:35 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Iridium & fancy plugs can just cause problems... Most favorate'd plugs that people use are NGK BCR8ES & gap them to 0.7 That will be fine for 1 bar boost

3What spark plugs to use? Empty Re: What spark plugs to use? 25th September 2013, 11:31 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks Gaz

The plugs in my engine at the moment are NGK BCR8ES but I'm going to get some new plugs to go in the new engine that's going in Smile

I saw some NGK BCR8ES for a 5.7 Aston Martin that were pre gapped to 0.7 so I might just order those, they are cheep enough and you get 8 so I'll have some spares lol

4What spark plugs to use? Empty Re: What spark plugs to use? 25th September 2013, 1:07 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Id just go to your local motor factors mate, around £10 for 4 & just do the gaps yourself for piece of mind

5What spark plugs to use? Empty Re: What spark plugs to use? 25th September 2013, 5:49 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I've just ordered some for just under £16 for 8 delivered.

They are pre gapped but I will check them anyway I haven't got one of those gapping tool jobbys but I'll borrow one or just buy one as they're only cheep

6What spark plugs to use? Empty Re: What spark plugs to use? 25th September 2013, 6:05 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah feeler gauges are cheap enough best to always check the gap even if they  its pre gapped .

7What spark plugs to use? Empty Re: What spark plugs to use? 25th September 2013, 6:09 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

i got coin gapping tool from ebay for 65p and plugs for £8

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum