Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adrian flux!!!

+6
BEBB GTIR
Hardy172cup
nomad
knights of nee
Stu
Gl3nnGTIR
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Adrian flux!!! Empty Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 11:18 am

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

I have been with adrian flux probably 5 years ish, i sold my type r last night rang today to cancel insurance

1st lady you are due a refund of £60.40p i then asked for a requote on my pulsar (which i had a quote around 3 weeks ago of £1091) came back as £1972 with the same provider etc, so i lost my temper a bit told them theyre useless basically, put me back through cancel department (already been on phone hold etc 30+mins) then i say i want to cancel, she then says ok weve refunded £48 back to you, i then say well i had written down half an hour ago the i was due back £60.40. The lady was very rude and in the end i just said fine give me £48 back.

My 1st bad experience with adrian flux, awful service will look around i think. Anyone else reccommend anywhere else?

Thanks Glenn

2Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 12:02 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I cancelled mine the other week because they wanted £2.500 to insure my subaru.

How old are you?

Loads of people use classic insurance these days Wink

Do a search on here for classic insurance. There's a good thread already started Wink

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

3Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 12:04 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

I am 24 Sad always had high insurance group cars so theyve normally been quite good
I will have to wait till new year as you have to be 25 for classic i believe Sad

4Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 12:04 pm

knights of nee

A-Plan where always very good with me when I had my pulsar, It was £500 fully comp for my 500 bhp pulsar all mods declared.

Rob

5Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 12:07 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sky insurance ....always seem reasonable .... best to shop around and play them off against each other .

6Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 12:32 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I'm with flux and I'm 24. Its £845 for my R with mods declared, I have 4 years no claims, I've had my licence 7 years and i have no points or previous convictions and the excess was £250 compulsary with zero voluntary excess.

I can't see how yours could be more than double mine confused 

Insurance company's are criminal! They shouldn't get away with making up prices as they go along!

7Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 12:33 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I could of got it down to £600 with £1000 voluntary excess

8Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 12:33 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

i tried classic insurance last month, all the companies said they cant do it cos im not insured on any other vehicle. and Im not paying another £1k for my landy or 300!!  its all a con, if you have bump they write the car off anyways so whats the point, no wonder theres so many uninsured drivers about.

9Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 1:00 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

I totally agree it is criminal. She tried telling me once its cancelled i cant complain, i said you have kept me from working whilst on hold, i will call back when convenient for me and take this further, liarrs and make up there own rules,
You are right you get a slight knock with minimal work and they will write it off,
I am 24 have an sp30 4years ago, 2 years no claims as i swapped insurance and cars alot, never been in an accident.
I said to them i cant believe in the space of 3 weeks they feel the need to quote me £900 more,
I will shop around in a couple of months when i turn 25 it wont be on the road anyway just nice to have insured, without getting my pants pulled down by the robbing companies

10Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 1:19 pm

knights of nee

I was trying to get insured on my new Saab yesterday and what a bloody hassle it is, I was 50 last Monday and it still cost me £300 to insure an 05 9-5 aero hot.

Will have to start looking around to get a quote on my new pulsar but it's not going to be ready until November or December so no rush, I should also be able to get classic insurance as it will be my second car.

I just need that Saga holiday brochure now lol.

11Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 2:21 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I had to take out a separate insurance to insure the gtr as its been modded to 650bhp so they would not cover the car on traders policy ive had since year dot.

I tried Adrian flux and they wanted over 3k to insure the bloody thing which nearly knocked me off my perch lol

anyway in the finish I got it down to £1200, still bloody dear but because ive not had a normal insurance for years ive got 0 ncb on a normal car policy and they wont transfer from a traders policy

anyway what im trying to say is try admiral, by far the cheapest quote I got, think all the others thought I was a spotty faced teenager lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

12Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 2:32 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Admiral was the cheapest when I had the Clio sport, it was £660 but when I tried to insure a 1.2 Clio they wanted £600? so I whent on go compare and got a quote for £505 and admiral wouldn't match it even though I had been with them about 4 years! So I ended up going else were.

For my R admiral wanted £1400. I sware they all make it up as they go along

13Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 4:45 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

I will be building to how i want for a few months so i will wait and see what happens, plus ill be 25 not that i think that means much anymore with them,
I tried admiral a few times and found them to be expensive however i will try
Also i am going to try sky tomorrow and see what they say Smile

14Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 4:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats the trouble with having a traders policy for over a few years you dont  keep you ncb from a normal insurance ...... they always have trouble insuring the pulsar on it  because its modified .....

15Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 4:53 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Try Greenlight, I am insured with them with the Subaru, I asked how much to insure a Pulsar and it will be the same, I pay £454 with mods Smile

16Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 24th September 2013, 5:25 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I stuck with flux after making them drop a fair bit on my renewal by getting quotes elsewhere. Have been with sky before but wasn't impressed with their customer relations last year and don't think they would be as helpful as flux if I ever had an incident.
Just paid £340 F/C 27years old 8years ncb mods declared

17Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 25th September 2013, 5:12 pm

Footman James is where it's at 6points an 26 the R came in at £320 fully comp

18Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 25th September 2013, 5:14 pm

Oh and 0 no claims as I've used them up on another motor.

19Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 25th September 2013, 5:18 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Sir Dangerous Dave wrote:Oh and 0 no claims as I've used them up on another motor.
Do you have any mods on your Pulsar?

20Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 25th September 2013, 5:21 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Sir Dangerous Dave wrote:Footman James is where it's at 6points an 26 the R came in at £320 fully comp
i may give them a call and see what they say, what mods do you have? Thanks glenn

21Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 25th September 2013, 5:23 pm

They take mods in to account as I asked gaz pays less then me an his motor had plenty of mods.

22Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 25th September 2013, 5:30 pm

My cars standard but they cover mods 0843 357 1200 there you go mate

23Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 25th September 2013, 5:42 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

I am covered 44 years old (1990 car) by Peter James, fully comp (no claims, used them on my main car), all mods declared, insured as second car, unlimited miles £274 per year.

Tried all the rest above and nobody came near this or would touch me with mods.

24Adrian flux!!! Empty Re: Adrian flux!!! 25th September 2013, 6:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think thats half the trouble nobody wants to touch them with mods ....or atleast that is what i found .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum