Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What oil grade should I use?

+2
nomad
Hardy172cup
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What oil grade should I use? Empty What oil grade should I use? 4th September 2013, 12:53 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Just wondering what oil grade I should use in the R?

I don't intend to do any track days in the near future and the car won't be driven ridiculously hard all the time but on occasion I do like to give it some. I would consider my requirements much more extreme than your average driver but not to the kind of extent of abuse you would see on track days where you flat out constantly.

I know a lot of people reccomend Fuchs Titan race pro s 10w50 for our cars but will that be a bit thick for me? My car engine is standard I'm just running 1 bar boost and exhaust/filter. Should I perhaps go for 10w40 considering the weather is going to be getting colder now and use 10w50 in the summer.

What do you guys run in yor cars and what do you reccomend? I don't mind forking out on a good quality synthetic oil I just want to make sure i use the correct oil grade

2What oil grade should I use? Empty Re: What oil grade should I use? 4th September 2013, 6:42 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No mate go for the fuchs jobbie .... Wink

3What oil grade should I use? Empty Re: What oil grade should I use? 4th September 2013, 7:08 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I have used cheapish 10w40 for 7 years with no problems as I haven't done track days but have now switched to better grade of 10w50. As your not worried about the cost you may as well use the Fuchs oil as many others do.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

4What oil grade should I use? Empty Re: What oil grade should I use? 4th September 2013, 7:26 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I used Millers 10w-60 for years but after never doing track days now running the Fuchs Titan 10w-50

5What oil grade should I use? Empty Re: What oil grade should I use? 4th September 2013, 9:19 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

fuchs 10w 50 for daily and dont do trackdays either, never had any issues

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

6What oil grade should I use? Empty Re: What oil grade should I use? 4th September 2013, 9:27 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

10w/40 or 10w/50-60 will be the same viscosity from cold start

the 10 represents the oils viscosity from cold and the higher number when upto temp
so in a nutshell use the 10w/50 Wink 

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7What oil grade should I use? Empty Re: What oil grade should I use? 4th September 2013, 11:01 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Cheers for the advice guys. I might give the millers cfs 10w50 nt, I have found it for only a few quid more than the Fuchs stuff including delivery.
Ive not exactly got money to burn at the moment but I'm a big believer in using decent oil, it's vital for engine components and a good oil should keep wear to a minimum. If 10w50 is fine then I will use that. Very Happy

8What oil grade should I use? Empty Re: What oil grade should I use? 4th September 2013, 2:30 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I'm currently trying that nano 10w50 oil, can't say I've noticed any improvement by using it apart from oil temps seem to be slightly lower as well as coolant maybe?
I've not used the Fuchs stuff so couldn't comment when comparing against the 10w40 oil I used to use.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]