Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

turbo to intercooler gasket

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1turbo to intercooler gasket Empty turbo to intercooler gasket 5th August 2013, 8:09 pm

gazgstar

Anyone know where I can get the gasket that goes from the turbo to the pipework on fmic? Got air escaping from somewhere when on boost and I think this gasket could be the problem

2turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 5th August 2013, 8:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Is that the two bolt flange ?

3turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 5th August 2013, 8:58 pm

gazgstar

Its the 3 bolt flange

4turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 5th August 2013, 9:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah sorry mate i just realised it was 3 lol mine just had a smear of gasket sealer on it ... so not sure if they are all like that ? What fmic do you have ?

5turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 5th August 2013, 10:12 pm

buckym120

buckym120

I got mine for Nissan a few years back wasn't expensive

6turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 5th August 2013, 10:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Whats it made out of mark ?

7turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 5th August 2013, 10:26 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Same as manifold/exhaust gaskets I believe

8turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 5th August 2013, 10:30 pm

gazgstar

Cant really remember what brand/type it is, been on the car since I bought it 4years ago. If replacing this gasket doesnt cure my problem then the intercooler will be the next thing to try

9turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 5th August 2013, 11:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Silicone joiners where it goes through the inner wings or pipework where the bumper/brake ducts are can wear away worth a check .

10turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 6th August 2013, 12:04 pm

gazgstar

Cant really see anything obvious around any joints or any pipework, unless its the intercooler itself. Just need to replace this gasket first and go from there, thats if I can get the gasket haha

11turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 6th August 2013, 3:10 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

make one out of some gasket paper from local motor factor, there nothing special

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

12turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 6th August 2013, 3:22 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

or if your lazy (like me) ebay have plenty of choice for under a tenner:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Pulsar-GTiR-Turbo-Elbow-to-Downpipe-3-Pin-Gasket-/140565006158?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20ba53c74e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-3-BOLT-EXHAUST-DOWNPIPE-GASKET-NISSAN-SUNNY-PULSAR-GTiR-SR20DET-200SX-/400545729792?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d4262cd00#ht_2812wt_932

13turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 6th August 2013, 5:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

think his on about the pipe from the turbo outlet to ic not exhaust gasket

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

14turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 6th August 2013, 7:59 pm

gazgstar

Yeah I seen all the gaskets on ebay, they look as though they are the same but the description suggests their not. Think I will have to just make one up like bob says

15turbo to intercooler gasket Empty Re: turbo to intercooler gasket 6th August 2013, 8:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

i havnt done that for years i remember being stuck having to run down my local parts place then getting me little hammer to create all the edges lol the good old days Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum