Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Talking cars in the pub last night

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Talking cars in the pub last night Empty Talking cars in the pub last night 6th May 2013, 8:26 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

So basically went to my local pub last night in the R and got talking to some locals who are proper enthusuiats (rally drivers, mechanics, one lad has a prodrive scooby) one of which loved the R showed him round and he couldn't believe how nice the car is (only mine is pretty tatty). so anyway another bloke has got a ford focus st said hed just fitted a short shifter kit, would that be like the BM shifter for the pulsars, he said his car is alot nicer to drive with it on.

anyone else this weekend had there cars complimented or something similar?

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I got told mine was bloody ugly...... Sad
And yes same as b&m shifter

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

My girlfriend always says the pulsars are ugly things ..... so i told her " i gave you a chance so theres hope for the r yet " Razz

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

beauty is only skin deep, its whats underneath that counts!! Laughing

12inchFloppy

12inchFloppy

BEBB GTIR wrote:beauty is only skin deep, its whats underneath that counts!! Laughing

Is that what you say to the sheep affraid

https://gti-r-us.forumotion.co.uk

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

no comment!! Razz

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

BEBB GTIR wrote: anyone else this weekend had there cars complimented or something similar?

Yeah i was swearing at both for being broke! Mad

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How did you get on with it pete did you work out what was wrong ?

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Unfortunately not, i dont mind having to fix it but its finding the fault in the first place Evil or Very Mad Bridged the diagnostics port and nothing happened, went on the forum and found manual was wrong so then bridged correct terminals, still nothing. Found a wiring diagram but its a bit small so gonna take it into work and get it blown up and go from there one night...
After giving up with the truck i thought id tinker with the R, tried removing fuel tank cap but stopped for fear of damaging fuel lines...again. Just wanted to siphon out the stale fuel. Dreading it wont be ready for Bobs sprintday!!
In the end moved onto the first of three projects in the garage. Did you have a productive weekend Leighton?

10Talking cars in the pub last night Empty Re: Talking cars in the pub last night 6th May 2013, 10:40 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Whenever i take the cap off i always pull the fuel lines off first then tuck them to the side then undo the cap .... not really mate been busy doing other cars not touched either of the cars tbh and got another to do tomorrow night once i finish work ..... only due to the fella telling me it was the nearside drumstick to change but really it was the offside he just got confused wich side was wich lol so got to replace that side aswell now lol .

11Talking cars in the pub last night Empty Re: Talking cars in the pub last night 6th May 2013, 11:00 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Couple of years ago i damaged the lines trying to get them off so had to replace the lines, not quite the original way as didnt want to drop the tank. As this happened before dont wanna chance damaging them again. Gonna get some long thin pipe and siphon the worst of it through the filler point.

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Take the fuel pipe off the Filter and then turn ignition on and off. Let it pump it's own fuel out... Then put your battery on charge

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

GTI_R_IOW wrote:Take the fuel pipe off the Filter and then turn ignition on and off. Let it pump it's own fuel out... Then put your battery on charge
Did think of this but with half a tank of juice thought i might be here a while, that will be my last resort.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum