Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

forum info / input from members

+11
pulsarmoley
johnny gtir
Scooby_killer
nomad
ROB_IOW
toaster55
Gaz GTiR
Concrete-GTIR
Digitalfaze
Stu
GTI-R US
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1forum info / input from members Empty forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 1:12 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ok guys need some honest straight forward answers here please as its basically yours 'the members' forum.

its grown massively since me and stu started it up just over a year ago and is getting bigger on a daily basis.
now is there anything on here that you would like to see changed or altered for the better, as said its your forum so don't be afraid to air your views as without your input nothing can be changed for the better!

weve recently appointed gaz gtir as events organiser and he will be helping out in other ways too.
we have some good ideas coming up for meets etc but not the normal type of stuff, will be something a little different that everyone should hopefully benefit from as well as other smaller meets/trackdays etc.

were also adding more stickys to the frequently asked questions which will be of great benefit to new members

so fire away Exclamation

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 3:37 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

bloody hell I never realised it was that good Shocked Laughing

3forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 3:47 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Does anyone ever use the chat room?

Do we need to remove it?

Does anyone have any other hobbies other than their pulsar?
Would it be worth making a sub forum for people's other car projects or people's other hobbies?
Or is the general chat room sufficient enough?
Do you want a sports room? For football, fishing, weight lifting chat?

Do you think we need to drop any forums or rename them?

Come on guys lets hear your thoughts Smile

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

4forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 3:56 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

maybe a monthly car show off thing where votes are placed for a car, whoever wins has the car displayed on the front page with a little write up about the car, will keep your front page changing all the time etc.

tried and tested parts section on the forum so people can tell you to avoid specific parts or brands etc, and which parts work and fit well, might help people find there next mod to the car

Last edited by Digitalfaze on 29th April 2013, 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

5forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 3:58 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Digitalfaze wrote:maybe a monthly car show off thing where votes are placed for a car, whoever wins has the car displayed on the front page with a little write up about the car, will keep your front page changing all the time etc.

tried and tested parts section on the forum so people can tell you to avoid specific parts or brands etc

Nice idea Smile

6forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 4:05 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

i think a other car thread could be cool seeing as im sure were all in to other cars aswell something like "your other cars and projects", apart from that this is a good forum Wink

7forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 4:16 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Like concrete says its a good forum already.

I looked at that chat room the other day & not alot going on in there as i think everyone just uses the "Random Banter" section.

Digitalfaze idea is a good thought tho

Sports room sounds good aswell Stu, But anyone meantions that stupid sport called football im leaving... Laughing

8forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 4:22 pm

toaster55

toaster55

As digi says a tried an tested parts section but for standard parts as well as I've found I'm down scrappy looking for bits and sunny's are pretty thin on the ground, so parts of other cars that fit would be handy. especially as most manufactures sub contract a lot of stuff out so parts from other cars not necessarily nissan might work.

9forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 6:04 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Think a car of the month thread with a write up from the owner would be cool ...
Also tried and tested parts section would be good .

I've seen on other forums a LATEST POST button . I always use this on the modifiers as it makes sure i don't miss out

10forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 6:10 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

GTI_R_IOW wrote:

I've seen on other forums a LATEST POST button . I always use this on the modifiers as it makes sure i don't miss out

Top right of page
forum info / input from members 44E738E9-BFD4-4BBA-AB0D-754B005D4136-2214-00000194CD0AF23B_zps0c25c856

Bottom of the main page in the middle.
forum info / input from members A914CB8A-7202-4BE4-8A1D-DDD249709C0C-2214-00000194C740978F_zpsd9fe5df5

11forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 6:11 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

lol

12forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 6:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I like the idea of tried and tested parts .... sports section..... i think most of us are past any kind of sports now and get out of breath just walking to the car lol ..... i would agree that some of the how to's and info pages are great idea if members have a good input in making them otherwise its pretty pointless trying .

13forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 6:53 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

think the 'other cars' setion will be good as it then keeps stuff in order and as many on here are general petrolheads its always good to look at other cars and fine machinery that people have so that can be done easily enough.......so says the pc illiterate bloke lol

the car a month thing might be hard to implement as a month is not long in gtir world lol
so hows about a 6 month best voted car with the winner getting say a £100 gift voucher for parts they may need???
that way its easier done and easier to sort out

with the tried and tested parts......not ure on that but once again its easy to put onto the site isn't it stu Laughing

keep the thoughts coming guys and we will make it happen

14forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 7:01 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

I'd like to see more how to's as that section has helped me save some money also like the idea of tried and tested parts and links and part numbers of where to obtain the parts from
I like the idea of featuring a car on front page with write up not being negative or anything but I think I will die out after a while as you can't feature the same car over and over again best do a poll to see how much demand there will be for it
Other car section + projects will be great

15forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 7:08 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

All brilliant ideas imo just need to see which onse work over say a 6 month period & scrap the onse that dont get much interest, as you never know if we do add more sections to the forum they all might work well

16forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 7:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Easy enough to make sections and sub sections bobs dont need any poofy notherners to do that Wink

17forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 7:30 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

tried and tested parts section sounds ok i just bought couple of bits off nissan would add them and up to date price.

A videos or pics of pulsars maybe ones over the years or ones used in comp rather than just members ones

anyone into bikes on here suppose it could come under other cars/ section

18forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 7:34 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Other cars/previous cars section for people to post pics of there old/past motors maybe? just gives people things to talk about

19forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 7:43 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

nomad29 wrote:Easy enough to make sections and sub sections bobs dont need any poofy notherners to do that Wink

You picking on Gaz already? Laughing

20forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 7:59 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

pulsar_stu wrote:
nomad29 wrote:Easy enough to make sections and sub sections bobs dont need any poofy notherners to do that Wink

You picking on Gaz already? Laughing

Evil or Very Mad lol

21forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 8:07 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

How about a Thread / area where you can post where you found what at the best price
I.e
Buying new section -----

then areas for engine , transmission , suspesnion ,

So if a member found a decent new part cheap they could post in that section .

Would be helpful especially with nissan parts

22forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 8:09 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

And as for members rides how about in the top corner a rotating avatar with peoples cars ,, we all send whoever a pic they shrink it etc then add it to the site .

then when you look at the site one min it could be my car the next someone elses .

I have seen it done on other forums ..

And personally i'd bin the chat room

23forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 8:21 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

GTI_R_IOW wrote:And as for members rides how about in the top corner a rotating avatar with peoples cars ,, we all send whoever a pic they shrink it etc then add it to the site .

then when you look at the site one min it could be my car the next someone elses .

I have seen it done on other forums ..

And personally i'd bin the chat room

Like this idea

24forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 8:22 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

That sounds a good idea thing with that it could get outdated quickly mate .

25forum info / input from members Empty Re: forum info / input from members 29th April 2013, 8:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

There is plenty of sites that you can reduce pictures with .... sounds like a job for you stu ... would have to have a double avatar added to the profile section or something .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum