Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valve springs

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Valve springs Empty Valve springs 16th April 2013, 5:31 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Heard from the guy doing my head today and he asked whether i was gonna change the valve springs?
Would this be worth replacing while the head is apart as i've no history of the head? If so would oem replacements be recommended or upgraded ones as ill never go over 350hp?
Finally does anyone have a rough idea on price?
Cheers Pete.

2Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 16th April 2013, 8:06 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I thought you only use uprated spings if you have quite lairy cams ..... kelford do them for around 260$ i can throw you up the link they are set to keep the oe retainers ....

3Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 16th April 2013, 8:52 pm

Standard are fine as long as you get them checked for length and there heights set correctly ....that goes the same for aftermarket too

4Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 16th April 2013, 9:21 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ok, i said to him about measuring them but he said they may have weakened? Could you tell me what height and length they should be?
As a thought i take it the spring would need to be shimmed for compression/length as he has ground the exhaust valves as they were a bit pitted?
Cheers.

5Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 17th April 2013, 6:26 am

Look it up in the nissan service manuel that's on the search in the forums,it is model specific to the gtir too, you need the free length for both springs and the installed height.

6Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 17th April 2013, 5:28 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ok thanks for your help Dan

7Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 17th April 2013, 8:56 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ok im none the wiser, spent an hour searching on here and the oc and still cant find these figures, where am i going wrong??

8Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 17th April 2013, 10:00 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I couldnt see them either pete will keep looking though Wink

9Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 17th April 2013, 10:20 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Cheers Leighton. Yeah ill have another go tomorrow night, lost the motivation as i spent 2hours at work locating parts etc Rolling Eyes

10Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 17th April 2013, 10:21 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.supertechperformance.com/cat-ivalves?id=8 did you stumble across this ?

11Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 17th April 2013, 10:26 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I didn't; so inlet is 102.1mm and exhaust 103mm in length. Is this company an oem fitment or upgraded Leighton? Now just gotta find compressed length...

12Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 17th April 2013, 11:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

From a quick squeeze its oe replacement parts pete .

13Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 21st April 2013, 8:12 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Went into Nissan yesterday to get prices for springs and stem seals; £32 for inlet seals, £30 for exhaust and £137 for springs. I have no idea what these parts normally cost so is this reasonable considering its a main dealer? Think i might be able to get discount through my dad so is it worth it or sourcing elsewhere.

Still had no luck finding compressed length??

Someone else had also been in there enquiring about a maf for an R, apparently retail on them is around £500! Shocked

14Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 21st April 2013, 8:26 pm

Both me and bob have nissan manuals, I will look during the week for you, they are critical as you loose valve seat pressure and get valve float if too loose or the valve heads pull off if to tight.

15Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 21st April 2013, 9:45 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

pete we have hundreds of valve springs up the workshop

measure the unsprung lengh and take a set of the longest ones you can find. they are not going to stretch if you know what I mean, so the longer ones will be the best condition ones
they will be fine for the build your proposing

and itll save you a fair few quid in the process

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

16Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 21st April 2013, 10:04 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ok Bob ill pay you a visit at some point and measure what you have, again cheers guys for the advice just want to make sure everything is perfect before the head goes on.

17Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 21st April 2013, 10:06 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Who would of thought pete getting some serious head would be such hard work Razz

18Valve springs Empty Re: Valve springs 21st April 2013, 10:12 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I wouldnt consider it hard work after the pita job thats currently in my garage Leighton but thats another story... I just dont want to overlook anything, i know its not that powerful a car but would rather take my time and make sure its done right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum