Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

vehicle write off percentages

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1vehicle write off percentages  Empty vehicle write off percentages 12th March 2013, 8:45 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Had a bump about 7 weeks ago and am wondering at what point will an insurance company write a car off ..
06 plate mondeo diesel 130bhp 6 speed estate with 116k
damage has been quoted at £1950 i paid £2400 for it in december and spent £300 on it .
So i value the car at £2700 would £1950 in damage be enough to write it off?

Do insurance have a certain % value to write off?
i've always thought it was about 60% of the value but read elsewhere that it can be alot higher

2vehicle write off percentages  Empty Re: vehicle write off percentages 12th March 2013, 9:17 am

beau_1990

beau_1990

it really does depend on the insurer, but that sounds like it will be a write off in my experience

3vehicle write off percentages  Empty Re: vehicle write off percentages 12th March 2013, 10:45 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep i would say write off too

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4vehicle write off percentages  Empty Re: vehicle write off percentages 12th March 2013, 12:28 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Result Laughing .
Will keep you updated

5vehicle write off percentages  Empty Re: vehicle write off percentages 12th March 2013, 5:42 pm

Problem is you value the car at £2700 the insurance company may not.

6vehicle write off percentages  Empty Re: vehicle write off percentages 12th March 2013, 7:13 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Well as long as i get at least 2k and get to keep the car I'll be happy.... If they value it at more they'll just have to fix it

7vehicle write off percentages  Empty Re: vehicle write off percentages 12th March 2013, 9:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I doubt the value of your car is anywhere near 2700 as parkers guide only gives 2480 on a mint condition based on 70.000 on the clock i would think near the 2k mark would be nearer rob who knows with insurance companies lol

8vehicle write off percentages  Empty Re: vehicle write off percentages 13th March 2013, 8:01 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I heard if the cost of repair is more than a 3rd of the value of the car then it will be a write off.

Saying that tho, I had a focus that cost me £7k a few years back, a hit and run driver took out the rear corner one night with a cost of just over £2k repair bill, a week after I had it back someone's car rolled off their drive into the side of my car as I was driving. Which was around the same cost of repair Nd they still repaired the fucking thing!
I was gutted!
I swapped the focus for my first pulsar tho so not all bad lol

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

9vehicle write off percentages  Empty Re: vehicle write off percentages 14th March 2013, 10:29 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

well app £1950 is not enough to write it off Shocked
But as a bonus they are going to let me get it repaired and just send me a cheque for the £1950 instead. Very Happy

Or i could just leave it as is and have a good hoiliday .
Not much damage really , Dented bootlid and damaged bumper which i can live with Very Happy

10vehicle write off percentages  Empty Re: vehicle write off percentages 15th March 2013, 10:12 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

That would go straight in me pulsar fund lol .... you could probably get a second hand bumper and boot for a couple hundred in the right colour and still have a tidy bit of wedge left ... im really suprised they didnt write it off .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum