Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Misfire?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Misfire? Empty Misfire? 4th March 2013, 7:31 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Right guys, ive just started the R to pull it out of the garage so my mate could look round it ready for its respray.
Anyway as soon as i started it it sounded like it was running on 3 cylenders, so turned it off & checked leads, still no difference? & it smelt realy rich & noticed abit of BLUE smoke not BLACK?? Suspect

Thing is i only had it running last week when i stripped ready for paint & it ran sweet as a nut?

Ive spoke to Bob & he's told me to change plugs & check im getting a spark. Which im going to do tomorrow!
Any other ideas lads? Blue smoke is worrying me? Never smoked before & it smells of fuel not oil Shocked

All i need when its going for paint this week! Sad

Nothing coming up on fault code check either, code 55 all clear.

2Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 4th March 2013, 7:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Have you checked the dizzy cap and rotor arm gaz ?

3Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 4th March 2013, 8:00 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

No mate, it was going dark so put it back in the garage. ill check tomorrow, But i cant understand why its just done it nw & t was running fine last week when last had it running? & wheres the blue smoke come from?Hope ive not fooked a ring? cant see how from just starting it tho?

4Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 4th March 2013, 8:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Hopefully its nothing to serious .... have you wipped the plugs out make sure they look as they should .... fingers crossed it just a dodgy plug or cap or something .

5Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 4th March 2013, 8:21 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Im going to look at it tomorrow, Just need to find ideas what to look for. Im sat here thinking the worst with the blue smoke issue Crying or Very sad Ill check plugs, leads & dizzy first tho. But im sure that wouldnt make it smoke?

6Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 4th March 2013, 8:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Blue smoke could be unburnt fuel so if its not sparking properly could be as simple as that mate .... fingers crossed for you Wink

7Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 4th March 2013, 8:36 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Hopefully mate, i thought fuel was black smoke?

8Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 4th March 2013, 8:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

:blue smoke (mainly oil and unburnt fuel) which indicates a poorly serviced and/or tuned engine ;black smoke (soot, oil and unburnt fuel)
white smoke (water droplets and unburnt fuel) which is produced when the engine is started from cold and disappears when the engine warms up

9Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 4th March 2013, 8:56 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Hmmm engine is always serviced every 3000 miles & has what ever it needs & never had any trouble or issues, but i suppose anything could go wrong at anytime. I think im just panicing lol.

10Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 4th March 2013, 9:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im not saying you dont service it or anything gaz.... just saying its possible to be unburnt fuel .

11Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 4th March 2013, 9:36 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Stu has just said it maybe a damp MAF, so just whipped it off & left it on the radiator for the night. Hopefully the problem Wink

12Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 4th March 2013, 11:41 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I didnt think of that Rolling Eyes

13Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 5th March 2013, 5:46 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

SOLVED! Bloody plugs, obviusly decided to die whilst its been stood

14Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 5th March 2013, 5:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats alright then bud panic over then Wink

15Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 5th March 2013, 6:01 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yup the plugs looked ok tho, all buiscuit brown so looks like they was all firing? but could of been a week spark Smile

16Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 5th March 2013, 6:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Very strange you would of thought one of them would be coked up compared to the others .... what plugs you running ngk bcr 8es?

17Misfire? Empty Re: Misfire? 5th March 2013, 6:22 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yep bcr8es

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum